Qualities! :)

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 05:11 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So heres a question for everyone:
What qualities do you want your baby to get from you? And what ones from the daddy?

February 7th, 2013, 06:41 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Physically, I hope both my kids get DH's body type. He can't eat anything, but he never has major weight issues like most of my family.

I hope they have my sense of humor and ability to take a joke. DH's family is all about being "nice" and "polite" and never joke around with each. They say sorry for EVERYTHING. Even silly little things they have no control over they will apologize. My family laughs most things off and doesn't hold any grudges, so I hope my kids will grow up with that, although I'm still working on DH!

Looks wise, I always joke that DH have such similar qualities, its hard to tell who DD got things from. We are both fair skinned, blue eyes with light brown/reddish hair. I hoped my kids would all get my brother and sister's naturally tan skin. DD was not blessed with that, but we're hoping maybe this boy will!

February 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
i like this!
I hope our son gets my husbands height, 6 ft 7in, my brothers are tall, 6 2 and 6 4, so pretty sure this will be happening!
looks and personalality hopefully will be split! Love both of us to pieces my husband has amazing eyelashes, always a plus!
husbands brains but my artistic ability will make him extremely well round!
Both our athletic ability but hopefully neither of our stubbornness...
Both of our families are very different from one another, both have good and bad qualitites...so it is a toss up there, hopefully just independent minded!
February 7th, 2013, 08:11 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really hope baby boy gets a blended look from both me and his dad but I would like him to have his daddy's height. My side of the fam is super short. LOL. DH is 6'3" though. I want him to have my eye sight because DH has terrible vision. Other than that, I hope he gets a good blend of my constant need to succeed, but paired with DH's laid back attitude (is that even possible?) LOL. I also hope he is not as shy as I was as a kid. DH was way more outgoing.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Veteran
Personality-wise:
I hope my kids get my patience and ability to "look on the bright side." Poor DH struggles with both of those. I hope they get DHs brains, he's much smarter than I am, and his sense of humor, oh my goodness, he's hysterical!

Looks-wise:
DH and I are both tall, so they are doomed to be tall, but I hope they get my metabolism. I can eat whatever I want, when I want and not gain weight, I'm very lucky. DS has my light blue eyes, so I hope DD gets DH's beautiful brown eyes. I hope neither of them have my fair white skin, although DS already seems to have that, poor kiddo! And I hope they both get DH's thick hair, mine is so fine, yuck!

February 8th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my 2 older boys look exactly like their daddy (except they are blonde) so id like very much if this one looked a little like me

DH would like it if this baby was a Ginger like him

February 8th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Regular
i want this baby to get my ears hubby has ears that stick out, as do 2/3 of my kids lol. i also want her to get my brains and personality, hubby is too shy, but hubby's athletic ability and the ability to eat what he wants without gaining a ton of weight lol. i also hope she gets his family's thinner build in general. oh and my feet, his are weird lol
February 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both of my boys are blonde hair & blue eyes like their daddy, which is very cute. I wouldn't mind my little girl getting that, but I also wouldn't mind her having darker hair/eyes like me.

I think my boys look like DH also, so I'm hoping my daughter looks like me. I look exactly like my mom.

It will be interesting to see!!!

February 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Veteran
I'm almost afraid of this one...

I really hope he has SO's nose, lips, and chin. It'd also be nice to have his eyesight and sense of humor. I'd like him to have my brains and hair (if only in hopes he doesn't go bald). Neither of us are any good at athletics. We are both such mutts though I can't begin to guess what he'll really look like.
February 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks wise: I hope she gets DH's eyes which are lovely blue hazel, my hair which dead straight and dark. Other than that we both kind of look similar , a little bigger builds, larger round heads, slight bum chin. rofl DH is 6ft , I am 5 ft, but for a girl I don't think height is super important.

Personality wise: I hope she is a little more laid back than me but more of an organizer than DH. I hope she is a good person like my DH and I try to be. I hope she takes my family values as my family is all very close and DH's isn't and don't find it important. I hope she DOESN'T like being on technology all day like her Daddy though and I hope she loves sports like I did growing up and being active!

I also hope she doesn't have my eyesight as I am legally blind in one eye and I hope she doesn't get the hormonal issues that I have like PCOS.
February 9th, 2013, 07:42 PM
AmyMcLiz's Avatar Proud mommy
Physically:
Eyes - his...they're a beautiful hazel with a yellowish sunflower around the pupil. he also has extremely long, lush eyelashes
hair - his...thick and almost black
skin tone - mine, olive complexion
height - mine, he's only 5'2", and had a really rough time with that growing up...i'm a little taller
Other - my eyebrows! my one great physical quality lol

Personality:
His - easygoing, spontaneous, athletic, outgoing
Mine - artistic, thoughtful, forgiving

I hope he DOESN'T get the quick temper we both seem to have haha! wishful thinking!

Mommy of Zane
Hoping to have #2 in 2015!

February 9th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
I would love for Lillian to be a redhead, we bothe have red hair in our families. I'd also love for one of my kids to get my green eyes, but that seems unlikely.

February 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Hope she gets my eye sight and teeth. (mine are great, hubby's, not so much)

I have blue eyes and hubby has green, so either way light eyes are in her future.

Hubby has the dirty blond hair (platinum as a kid) & I have had brown my whole life. It would be interesting to see what she gets there... I'm torn on that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search