Not the news I wanted to hear

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By princess136

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Veteran
So I have been having Braxton hicks for weeks now, but I haven't had any real cervical changes. My doctor put me on a med to stop the contractions a couple weeks ago but it didn't really help much. I went in to see him today after telling him about all the contractions I have been having and within the last six days I have gone from a closed cervix to dilated to 1 1/2 centimeters. I am now on another medication to stop contractions and on complete bed rest. I am only 33-34 weeks right now so I am looking at at least a month of this. I hope to keep this little guy in for at least another four weeks. Has anyone else been through this? I feel like I am going to go crazy in the next month!

February 12th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Veteran
I did go through this, but my little guy didn't stay put, so I ended up only on bed rest for 2.5 days - and lots of drugs. Good luck to you! I hope your guy stays in longer and that you have some good books to read! What are they giving you? Procardia? That's what I was on until my water broke - and what they would have kept me on if my labor hadn't progressed. Have they given you the steroid shots at all?
February 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Veteran
I am on Nifidepene which is the same thing I think. He also started me on terbutaline today so now I am on both. How far along were you when your water broke? How did things turn out for you?

February 12th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope baby keeps baking as long as possible. How do the medications make you feel? I'm just curious.

February 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Veteran
Oh man, that stinks. I have no experience with bed rest, but I sure hope he stays put for a while longer. Get some good books, puzzle books, a laptop, whatever you can!! Good luck and keep us posted, I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

February 13th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Veteran
I don't have experience with the contractions, but I have been on bedrest now for about 3 weeks. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck and hope LO stays put for longer for you!

February 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Veteran
I was 32weeks 1 day when my water broke. My son is still in the NICU, but doing well. He just needs to learn how to eat on his own and grow a little more. Thankfully, 32 weeks is a decent developmental age for preemies. They wanted to try to get me to 34 weeks - I think they wouldn't have needed to do the steroid shots if he had made it that far.
February 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Veteran
I did have the betamethasone shots around 28-29 weeks or so when I was sent to labor and delivery. I had two of those to mature baby's lungs so at least that is done. The new med that I am on now though is making me super jittery. My hands won't stop shaking and I just feel weird. I hope the side effects wear off soon, or at least tone down a bit. I do have my laptop and just signed up for a month free of Netflix so hopefully that will occupy my time some. I'm sure I will be on here a lot more now, LOL!

February 13th, 2013, 10:09 AM
princess136's Avatar Super Mommy
Just popping in here from the June DDC, hope you don't mind (this was my original DDC last year before suffering an early loss)

I wasn't fortunate enough to have a good doctor with my last daughter (she just turned 9 last week!) and he just let my contractions go and she was born at 33 weeks. She spent 10 days in NICU to learn to breathe on her own, feed and hold her body temp. I was lucky that she was only in there that long and her problems were mild compared to other early babies.

I think the shots and drugs you are on are such a good thing and it is more than I got and my baby turned out pretty darn good.

I wish you luck on the bed reset, NetFlix sounds perfect since daytime TV is so boring. Good luck to you!
kbsmommy likes this.

~Kristin~
February 13th, 2013, 08:01 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No advice here, but hoping baby stays cooking a little while longer!!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
I wish you luck KBSMommy!

February 14th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran
I hope the meds work and baby keeps on baking!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search