Full-Term?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By JLNichols07
  • 2 Post By sunshyne57
  • 1 Post By JLNichols07
  • 1 Post By JLNichols07

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2013, 04:03 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whose all full-term? And if you are what's left for you to do? For me I turned full-term yesterday and I have so much to do it's not even funny. My husband is off 2 days next week so we plan on getting the nursery done then. I have my bag to pack still and only 2 doctors appointments LEFT until baby gets here (Crazy!) Other than that, I plan on getting atleast a week ahead (if possible) on my school work so I kind of have a small break from that and some time to recover from my c-section without having to worry about the school work getting done. I have all the babysitting plans laid out and my husband has it to where he gets off work early the night before we go in and a week after that. I just hope that after a week I will be ready to handle 3 kids on my own with my incision..we will see though. How about everyone else?
MamaYazz likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not term yet. I still have a month until my c-section, but I think I am basically ready. I am like you though on DH's time off. He'll be off on d-day then a week afterwards. I will have all three older kids home with me the next week because of spring break, then DH will have spring break the week after that. I hope a week is enough for me to handle all four!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM
sunshyne57's Avatar ~Angela~
I'm full term, and surprisingly enough, we are totally ready for his arrival. He is welcome to come anytime he wants!
Amy B. and AimeeD041727 like this.
February 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy B. View Post
I'm not term yet. I still have a month until my c-section, but I think I am basically ready. I am like you though on DH's time off. He'll be off on d-day then a week afterwards. I will have all three older kids home with me the next week because of spring break, then DH will have spring break the week after that. I hope a week is enough for me to handle all four!

Amy I'm sure I have asked you this a ton of times..is this your 4th c-section? If so how'd your recovery for the 3rd one go? I am such a nervous wreck. I was going to speak to my doctor about it but haven't yet..I will probably bring it up Tuesday at my next doctors' appointment. With my last c-section I could have sworn I felt cutting and started bawling and then they knocked me completely out so I didn't get to see son being born but besides that everything went smoothly..I think I'm just afraid of that feeling again..
Amy B. likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLNichols07 View Post
Amy I'm sure I have asked you this a ton of times..is this your 4th c-section? If so how'd your recovery for the 3rd one go? I am such a nervous wreck. I was going to speak to my doctor about it but haven't yet..I will probably bring it up Tuesday at my next doctors' appointment. With my last c-section I could have sworn I felt cutting and started bawling and then they knocked me completely out so I didn't get to see son being born but besides that everything went smoothly..I think I'm just afraid of that feeling again..
It went well...no problems. I didn't feel anything and recovery went fine. I think DH went back to work after a week that time, so I had all three to myself. I don't remember having any issues or anything. I am a bit worried about scar tissue this time since it is my fourth. I have been warned by the OB that it might be tricky in there this go around. Scar tissue can grow onto other organs and what not. Good thing I'm getting my tubes tied so I won't have to worry about that again.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 16th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy B. View Post
It went well...no problems. I didn't feel anything and recovery went fine. I think DH went back to work after a week that time, so I had all three to myself. I don't remember having any issues or anything. I am a bit worried about scar tissue this time since it is my fourth. I have been warned by the OB that it might be tricky in there this go around. Scar tissue can grow onto other organs and what not. Good thing I'm getting my tubes tied so I won't have to worry about that again.
I know all c-sections are different but that definitely puts my mind at ease. I was debating on getting my tubes tide this time around but for some reason the fact that I'm only 25 keeps going threw my head and my biggest fear was the scar tissue issue when having a 4th c-section but my doctor told me not to believe everything I hear and that everyone's bodies handle surgeries differently. He basically told me the 4th c-section was about the same as the 3rd when it came to risks. I'm sure that everything will go smoothly for the both of us..I just tend to freak myself out prior to surgery lol.
Amy B. likes this.

February 16th, 2013, 08:22 PM
brandi6088's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm full term! And sooo ready for him to be here! I have a few things to do, but he's welcome to come anytime!! Nothing we can't handle
February 17th, 2013, 04:23 AM
MamaYazz's Avatar Veteran
I'm full term and saaay 99.9% ready.. just need to paint and decorate the nursery even though he will be in our bedroom for a while so that's not too urgent. I'm nesting at the moment, cleaning cleaning cleaning. Made some lovely baby soap and baby body butter. My bags are packed, DH is on leave from work, so I'll say we're just about ready to meet our little one!
February 17th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
Im full term and we are 100% ready for him, so im not so patiently waiting for him to come meet us all!

February 17th, 2013, 06:18 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
I have 15 more days untill i am full term (37 weeks)! And i am not ready at all, but my doctor says i am probably not going into labour untill atleast march 20.

February 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Full-term here! Totally ready. It wouldn't hurt for me to do one last once over with the cleaning around the house but other than keeping it clean, everything baby-wise is ready to go. Cannot wait for him to get here!!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 17th, 2013, 10:25 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am full term now and so ready for this baby to arrive! Nothing left to do except wait and hope that s/he comes sooner rather than later!

February 17th, 2013, 11:42 AM
amandabee's Avatar Veteran
I'm full term also! We just have to install the car seat and put a few clothes away today, then we will be ready for him to be here Friday!
February 17th, 2013, 11:48 AM
My husband just informed me that he only has 2 days off before we have the baby so tomorrow and Tuesday we have no choice but to finish the baby's room and get the carseat installed and pack our bags..and whatever else comes to mind.

February 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure when we're counting full term...My midwife will deliver at home as long as I'm 37 weeks, which I am, so I guess I consider that "making it". We have everything ready for the birth and baby, but I want DH to clean our carpets before he's born. He's doing that next weekend, but after that, I'm ready!

February 17th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Frangipani's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Full term here. I still have four more shifts at work but honestly would be just fine with missing those.
February 17th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Full term here! Mostly ready, just need to aquire some supplies for the home birth, and have a baby shower this weekend. Then good to go! I hope she stays in until March though. I want a March baby. Haha

February 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Veteran
I'm full term as well and all set to go. Car seat is in, bags are packed, dilating has begun, all systems are a go!!!!!!!! Although, like Mrs. Storm, I hope to hold off until March as well!

February 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Veteran
5 more days to get thru until I'm considered full term! And I want a march baby as well, but March 1st works for me! Lol everything is ready. Babys bag has been packed, mine is going to mostly be last minute due to using most things each day now. House is all set. DBF is picking up the other half of the bassinet from our friends tomorrow after work(only the top half fit in my car, he needs his truck for the other half I just have to scrub my car clean on Wednesday and install the car seat, but that is easy enough to do last minute if need be.

IM 100% ready for my baby girl to get here! Still can NOT believe there's only a few weeks left! Praying to be dialated 2+ cm when I go Wednesday! Ah!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search