Natural remedies to start labor?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Veteran
I think we talked about this topic before months ago, but since we are all inching toward our due dates or at least being full term, I was wondering if anyone has started any natural remedies to induce labor?
Me personally...my due date is Feb 25th and I am working up until that morning (finish my last shift at 730am). Because we need as much of my pay check as possible I am not planning on doing anything until after I get a good 'days' sleep on the 25th. Then I'm thinking about pineapples, sex, egg plant (???) and anything else you ladies suggest.
February 17th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Well, by my midwives suggestion I have started taking Evening Primrose Oil by mouth to help ripen my cervix. Not sure if it will really do anything or not. Also been checking my cervix once a week. Still high, but soft as puckered lips.

Other than that we are just having sex. I'm not really trying to induce cuz I want this girl to come when she's ready, but things that make labor more favorable are fine for me.

February 17th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Super Mommy
I hear sex isn't a good way to start labour, however once it starts I think it may help it along. Doesnt mean im not trying it though aha
February 17th, 2013, 06:58 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've mostly just been walking around a lot and doing as much as I can (without totally killing my back) I've been taking Raspberry Tea Leaf (not really for induction, but to strengthen my uterus) and took EPO a few times too, but I haven't been consistent with that. I was already dilated to a three at my last appt Tuesday, so my doc went ahead and nudged things along with my membranes. Still didn't cause labor and honestly, I am perfectly okay with that. I've been having quite a few braxton hicks today, but I don't think they are going anywhere.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 17th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Veteran
I might try the EPO this week, but I'm horrible with pills. I haven't been checked yet to see if I'm dilating or not. I don't know if they will even offer it to me at my next two appointments or if I should even find out at this point.
February 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Having sex is supposed to help ripen the cervix (well the sperm does). Sex has always worked for me. but nothing will help if your body isnt ready. Anyways I did epo for the last 2 weeks before I had him. and a lot of walking. I was eating a lot of pineapple not sure how true that is, I was eating it bc I was craving it.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
February 17th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Super Mommy
With the pineapple it might be the core, I remember reading that somewhere but it may be a ttc thing.

My doctor thought my baby was going to be born tonight because of the storm. No dice Lol at least not yet. Im honestly fearing going overdue tbh though.
February 17th, 2013, 08:41 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH's insurance will go into affect the end of this week, so I'm holding out on anything till then! Our home birth is paid for, but I want to have the insurance IN CASE of a transfer to the hospital. After that, I just plan on sex and walking. Neither did any good with my last pregnancy, but it can't hurt either, so why not?

February 17th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Veteran
I have to do some googling because I don't know anything to try besides sex and pineapple.. And honestly, sex is not something that there's too much of nowadays. And not by my choice either! DBF is I think slightly weirded out with my noobs starting to leak and just the awkwardness of it all, normally I'd be hurt by this, but sex is tough 9 months preggo!!

I'm going to start walking more, I'm a lazy pregnant lady so I don't do anything but lay in bed. I figure ill hit the malls since its cold out in Boston and snowy. Anything I can do to make this little girl come faster sounds good to me(as long as she waits 7 more days until I'm full term I was slightly dilated at my appt last week, so I'm hoping for 2cm+ on Wednesdays appt fingers crossed, maybe even more!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search