My 35 week appt

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Juju2012
Well I just moved to a new area therefore I had to find a new doctor. I'm 35 weeks and really didn't want to change doctors during my last trimester but I met the new doctor today he walked in the room and told me he is not going to see me because I have no previous records in the chart. Then he said lets look at the baby really fast we went into the scan room and all he said is your baby is breech get me your records by next week and we will also try to turn her. Also, he said based on her femur lenghth she is measuring 36 weeks im confused .He didn't even listen to her heartbeat all he asked was about my previous pregnancy and said that he could still deliever her vaginally but wants my records. She has already dropped what are the chances she could turn? I was reading online and I really don't want to risk the baby health by delivering vaginally I would prefer a c-section will he listen to me if I tell him I refuse to have a breech baby vaginally. My last baby was 9lbs and was almost a c-section because he was to big I'm completely nervous and scared with all of this since I didn't foresee any of this and ive been contracting already I was hoping that I would get checked to see if I have dialated any but I didn't even get that.

Last edited by Juju2012; February 21st, 2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Update
February 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is very strange. I would look into trying to find another OBGYN before the baby gets here because something about that doctor doesn't seem right...if you can't find another one I would demand a c-section since your previous child was 9 lbs and breech. Hopefully you get something going here soon because you don't have much longer til your baby is due! GL.

February 20th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Veteran
How bizarre. These doctors can be aweful. You definately need to try to find one who is more respectful of you.
February 20th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How stressful to deal with all of this so late into pregnancy! I agree... try to find a new doctor if you can. A lot of doctors seem more willing to do a c-section than a version (flipping) so I think it would be easy to find someone who would agree to that.
February 21st, 2013, 05:09 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Juju2012
So DH and I decided were going to make the 45 min drive to go to my old OB. This morning I woke up at 5:20am with alot of pain in my upper abdomen and cramps like diaherrea (but i don't have to go) I've been having the crampiness for a few days and was hoping I would get answer yesterday but since I didn't I'm driving to my old OB this morning and if he can't see me I'll just go to L&D these pain are becoming unbearable. I will keep you ladies updated.
February 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you get some answers. No doctor should be like that and make you feel that way. KUP!

February 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope you are able to get it all worked out with your old OB. This other guy sounds bizarro.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah he sounds super weird ! I'm glad u decided to stick with ur old OB . I hope the pains went away Nd u were able to see ur OB ! KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search