SO going out of town for work

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 05:22 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
and I'm so upset. He doesn't want to go but his company is requiring him too. He barely ever travels anymore and now he has to travel towards the end of my pregnancy. I'm only 35 weeks today but i'm still worried.
He leaves on Monday and because he hates flying he will be driving 10 hours to TN. Then he may have to stay at that company till Thursday and drive back Friday.

This baby better not decide to come early. The past few weeks I have been feeling like she would be here by 37 weeks and now she better not dare even try.
I seriously cannot go through birth without this man.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 23rd, 2013, 05:32 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks, I would feel the same way. That's kinda crappy that they would make him travel, knowing you are so close to your due date.

If it were me, I'd feel fairly safe until about 37 weeks. I'm sure everything will be OK.

February 23rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
hang in there! my DH just got back from a week in Denver. I am 36 weeks, 5 days. I was also super nervious but I made it!! We had everything ready to go just incase and had a back up person, my mom. if I went into labor, he would have left immediately whether it was false or not
February 23rd, 2013, 05:13 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That stinks! Hopefully you are still early enough that nothing will happen, but its still unsettling. Do you have someone for backup to be there with you, just in case? That might ease your fears a little, and help you get through the week!

February 23rd, 2013, 05:25 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry! I know if DH left me for a few days to a week I would be a nervous wreck too! Hope the baby stays put and you keep yourself busy with your little ones.
February 23rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the advice And support ladies. I actually don't really have anyone as a backup. I do have my mom but she just started a new job and she cannot miss any time for another 80 days, pus she's 1 1/2 away.
I have my brother who's 1/2 hour away but I don't want him in there. My sister lives w/ my mom and she doesn't even have a car.
I could call a girlfriend but they are all 1/2 hour plus away too.

I just asked SO what he would do if my water broke or labor started and he said "I would see you in 10 1/2 hours." So that makes me feel slightly better.
My water has broken in the beggiging of both of my two previous labors so I'm expecting that this time.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

February 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My water also broke in the very beginning of both of my previous labors. I'm hoping that happens again because then I KNOW I'm really in labor!

February 24th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Try your best to take it easy while he's gone! How long did you labor with your other 2?

February 24th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie_ View Post
Try your best to take it easy while he's gone! How long did you labor with your other 2?
My water broke with each, the 1st one about 1 to 2 am, and the 2nd one about 4 am.
Contractions started after pitocin with the 1st one about 10 am and my 2nd dd contractions started naturally around noon. I didn't end up having naturally and it was hours later that it was decided a c-section would be needed for both.
So if I go by my last two births I should have plenty of time.... if anything happens.....

I HOPE!

~~~~~~~~~~~
dsd12
dsd10

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search