Anyone else want to share?`

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KatieH52

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I get on here daily hoping to read someone's birth story! I've checked out the Jan and Feb DDC and read their stories, and although they're neat to read, I don't know them, so its not the same...so I was thinking for those who have had their previous birth stories on JM, maybe we could share them here?? Also, DD was born at the end of the month so I think the people in my DDC were kinda "over" reading them, since they had their babies to keep them busy!

I just read over DD's, and I'm glad I did, because my midwife wanted me to call when my contractions were 5 minutes apart and with DD they were immediately 3 minutes apart when I started having them, so I'll need to let her know that.

So here's mine, its super long! Hopefully some of you have stories to share too!
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...1-27-10-a.html

February 23rd, 2013, 06:42 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh fun this is a great idea. I just retread mine and it has reminded me of why I should not try for a vbac again. So sad. It's a different docs office this time and they are willing to ,et me try.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...long-pics.html

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

February 23rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I was convinced that I posted mine on JM ..atleast for #1 I thought I did but can't find it no where..so maybe I didn't but luckily I blogged both of them. I copied and pasted them below..(sorry for the misspelled words..I'm sure I was in a hurry when posting them). Anyways here goes:

DD#1:
My beautiful baby girl has arrived. 7 pounds and 14 ounces. She is the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen. She also has a ton of thick black hair. I will post pictures in a bit. But first I'll tell you my birth story. I went in the 17th to be induced. They started me on pitocin around 2:30 after I got admitted and everything. I sit there for awhile.. starting having some contractions but nothing strong enough to worry about. (When they first hooked me up to the monitors I was already having contractions 4-5 minutes apart) But yah ... doctor came in around 7 and broke my water. I was still dialated to 4 cm. He said he was going to see if I would progress anymore because the breaking the water helps sometimes but if I dont he is going to want to do a csection. After he broke my water my contractions got going. EXTREMELY bad for an hour..then I got my epidural. (Which BTW I didn't think so was that bad..considering the pain of how bad the contractions were hurting and I hatee needles!) But yeah I got my epidural and then it helped it out some. Before I had gotten the epidural they tried giving the me morphine..which didn't even TOUCH the pain. After the epidural..the contractions slowed down. So the doctor decided I wasn't going to progress anymore to have a c-section. They prepped me for a c-section and finally went back. I was so nervous. Kyra was born at 11:49 a.m. The only pain I felt was the tugging of the skin. Recovery was an hour long and I went back and was so drugged up that I barley remember who all i was there to visit.

DS#1:
Beautiful Christopher Ryan Nichols was born on August 20th, 2010 at 9:21 a.m. He weighed 7 lbs and 13 oz and was 21 inches long. I went in early that morning at 6:00 a.m. got all my monitors hooked up, IV's started, and such. Then I went in for my c-section and got my spinal(which BTW was not like I remembered w/ Kyra..much MORE painful!) ..I ended up having to be knocked completed out because I dont believe the spinal completely numbed me and I was feeling stuff. After that I went into the recovery room, woke up, stayed in there for about 45 minutes and then I was rolled into my room and they brought my beautiful baby boy in and he was perfect.

February 23rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do the same lol I love reading birth stories ! Here is my story from my last birth.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...rose-long.html

February 23rd, 2013, 09:45 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
Oh fun this is a great idea. I just retread mine and it has reminded me of why I should not try for a vbac again. So sad. It's a different docs office this time and they are willing to ,et me try.
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...long-pics.html
Wow, I can't imagine going through that! I would definitely just be planning a c-section this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiesmom04 View Post
I do the same lol I love reading birth stories ! Here is my story from my last birth.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...rose-long.html
So are you having a home birth this time around? I can't remember! I wish I'd had it in me to yell at my nurse.

February 24th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Veteran
Nice stories ladies. We are almost to d day!

February 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
SammyJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing ladies!

Thanks to *Sharon* for my awesome siggy! My pregnancy blog

February 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KtKuKi View Post

So are you having a home birth this time around? I can't remember! I wish I'd had it in me to yell at my nurse.
I wish ! I looked into it but we have no CNM that do home birth here and I'm not comfortable with a CPM or LM so it's a all natural hospital birth planned this time again .

February 24th, 2013, 07:11 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
this is Paige's

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f4...rth-story.html (Paige Belles birth story)

this is Johns
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ohn-allen.html (John Allen)

this is Ava's
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f9...rth-story.html (Ava's birth story)
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
February 25th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
What a great idea! Wish I could contribute, but glad I can read everyone elses!

February 25th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Veteran
I wasn't a member of JM when I was pregnant with DS, but I'll try to give you the run-down from my son's birth real quick!!

The day he was born, I went for an almost 2-1/2 mile walk in the morning, got home, took a shower, and right after that got my first contraction! Contractions were immediately 5 minutes apart, then quickly went to 2-3 minutes apart.

I went straight to the hospital, they asked if I had talked to my doctors office, I said no, but luckily the midwife was on her way over to the hospital anyways, so they got me in a room and started getting me all hooked up.

The midwife got there a few minutes later, we joked about bringing on the epidural, I was all for it! She checked me (this was 1:00 p.m.), her eyes immediately opened wide and said "there is no time for an epidural, you're almost 10 cms dilated, it's time to push!!!"

--- Instant Panic ---!!!!! I was banking on an epidural, I was NOT prepared to have a natural labor, especially knowing that my son was measuring pretty big!!!!

I was able to get myself under control and focused, I didn't have a choice at that point. 2 hours, 40 minutes, and 6 pushes later, he was out!!! All 9 lbs, 11 ozs of him!!!!! And I only needed a couple of stitches where I tore.

It turned out to be a great experience and I'm keeping my fingers crossed things go as smoothly this time. I've already been told to get straight to the hospital once I start getting contractions! No waiting around, especially since DD is so far measuring slightly smaller and it's my second baby!
mikiesmom04 likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Veteran
Love the stories thanks for sharing ladies!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search