Postpartum tips

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RUNNER25

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 03:33 AM
Veteran
Hi ladies since some of us have had our babies and we have a lot more to come I figured I would start this topic in order to gain some wisdom from you and share my experiences.

Since I'm a FTM and its only been a few days, I only have 2 tips. First of all...TMI... I heard so many horror stories about the first BM that I was petrified of having one. I was worried the nursing staff wouldn't let me go until I went and that it would feel like my insides were being ripped apart! So what helped me?? The sitz bath!!! I love this thing! I just did my sitz bath and had absolutely no problems with no pain! It may not work for everyone but it worked pretty well for me

My second tip came from my midwife. For those of you ladies who aren't BFing and need a tip to deal with engorgement. Stuff cool cabbage leaves in your sports bra and this will help with your breast fullness and tenderness. I keep them in my sports bra until the wilt and then just replace them with new ones around the clock. My breasts feel terrific!!

Now I want to know your tips because I need all the help I can get during this crazy time!!
March 5th, 2013, 04:59 AM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My hospital provides stool softener pills for after delivery. I still have some left from last time which have not expired. I take one pill after delivery and the first BM has never been an issue at all. I recommend doing that.

If you have a vaginal delivery, use that squirt bottle of warm water every time you use the bathroom. You may not want to wipe down there, so this helps a ton. I used mine when I got home as well.
nrse_em likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 10:01 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I second the sitz bath and the cabbage leaves. I actually put them in the freezer and then put them in my bra, the other thing that helps is to get an ace bandage and bind your boobs down. One warning the cabbage stinks! but it helps a lot.

Stool softners are a must! Im 3 weeks pp and Im still taking them.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
March 5th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Cassani's Avatar Wendy (aka Prego-Hulk)
It might not be a bad idea to start the stool softeners a day or two before delivery, assuming you know in advance. I do this before my C-sections to help keep the problem from happening at all.

March 5th, 2013, 08:27 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My advice is take the stool softener and stay home! Nothing like running/waddling through a store to get to the bathroom!

I used witch hazel pads inside the pads after birth to help with pain down there. I'm sure there are other things, I just blocked out all the miserable stuff!

March 6th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Veteran
I completely agree on the stool softeners and the squirt bottle at home.

I also suggest stocking up on nursing pads if you plan on exclusively BFing. Leaking boobs are never fun!

Baby mittens for those sharp little finger nails help too, and Aquaphor for baby acne.

March 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, I also bought preparation H wipes and cream. The wipes are good for your perineal area too.
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search