Losing the baby weight?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do you think you will start trying to lose the baby weight? I know we can't exercise for 6-8 weeks postpartum, but will you vary your diet before then?

I am getting the point where I am sick of all this extra weight I've gained. I'm having my baby next Friday. DH is trying to lose weight now, and it's got me thinking. I should probably look more closely at what I'm eating sooner rather than later. Maybe what I'll do is wait a week or two after baby comes to start keeping track of my food again (journaling, not necessarily calorie counting). That way I still eat the freezer meals and establish my milk supply first. I just know I am SO ready to get this weight off. I went a little nuts this pregnancy with my weight.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 9th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Veteran
I had my baby six days ago and I lost some right away but can't wait to lose the rest.
March 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Veteran
I've been thinking about losing the weight since the moment I got pregnant! I plan on going for walks with the baby onces its a little warmer out as much as I can, and the second I get the go ahead ill be at the gym! Tough having a baby RIGHT before summer time but my goal is to have a better body than before the baby by September. We'll see if it happens, but setting that goal, even if its unrealistic will help me stay motivated and try hard to reach it. At this point I've gained 27 lbs.. Def more by the time she's here since I can't stop eating now lol.
March 9th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Veteran
I'm planning on taking the whole family off of wheat as soon as the baby is born and I'm back on my feet. I had experimented with this after reading Wheat Belly, last month. My husband dropped about 8 pounds in a week and I wasn't gaining as much as I usually do when I'm pregnant.

So. Our biggest diet change will be to go wheat-free.
March 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran
So far I've dropped 20 lbs since the baby was born. I have at least 10-15 to get back to pre-pregnancy and another 10 to get where I want my body. I'm planning on hitting the treadmill next week doing some light walking as my body allows. Once the snow finally stops here, the baby and I will be out and about too. I'm trying to watch my diet, but I'm having a really difficult time with sweets these days...not good!
March 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained about 24 pounds and have lost all except for about 5 pounds and I need to firm everything up a little. I am almost 4 weeks pp and I think Im going to start working on it/
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
March 10th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i gained about 32lbs this time, i weighed myself yesterday AM and was down 15lbs at about 12 hours PP. Im hoping BFing will get rid of most of it, id like to loose another 20-25lbs or so. Its still pretty snowy here, but its starting to warm up, so im hoping by the time the snow is gone i will feel good enough to start going on walks again, taking the kids to the park ect

March 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Veteran
I'm also wearing a PP girdle. I don't think its helping with weight control, but it is helping my sore back since I don't have the same core support right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search