I swear my water broke but test came back negative, so confused

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I had my 39 week checkup today at 9 am, I am dilated to a 3, 50% effaced. An hour later noticed a little spotting on tissue, figured it was from getting checked, no big deal. An hour after that had a, (TMI) , bloody mucus discharge about the size of a nickel when whipping. Thinking maybe bloody show. Went home, put on a panty liner, and took the dogs for a walk. I had a few contractions nothing major. Went to the bathroom when I got back and had slight spotting, pretty dark on the liner and had a vey dark red bloody discharge. I now think it is bloody show.
it is about 2:20pm i decided to take a shower to shave my legs just incase. Had a weird feeling right as I was stepping in, like you do right before your period would start. So I shut off the water and stood there. I grabbed some tissue and whiped , a little bloody discharge but nothing else. Sure enough I had a Huge gush of water. I still had the tissue in my hand so I tried to collect some it on there so I could see and smell it. it was all clear and a slight smell but no urine.
Called my midwife and she said to come back to the clinic and they will test. I lost about 1/2 to 1 cup of fluid, in a big gush. Got to the clinic about an hour later, waited for hubby to get home incase we went right to hospital. I had a small amount trickle on a pad at home before we left.
Test came back negative, so she said to go home. If I have any more fluids or stong contractions to call and then go in. This is going on 5 hours ago now, I have had no more fluids leak, that i know of, and only small contractions. So confussed with my body right now.
Has anyone ever experienced this before? I know it was my water breaking as I had just used the toilet right before getting into the shower. Maybe I am going crazy!
March 12th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, no idea, but I hope you get some answers!
March 12th, 2013, 07:46 PM
thanks! I hope I do too! Did you have your baby?!
March 13th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anything else happening? Good luck!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2013, 06:31 AM
no, nothing really. I had some much stronger contractions but nothing consistent. I am calling today cause I a now worried about the risk to me and the baby.
I have read some women don't go into labor for 18 to 20 hours after there water breaks. I lost a significant amount and midwife thinks babies head is acting like a plug.
March 13th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've heard that can happen. I hope baby comes soon!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
A friend of mine had this happen and the test came back negative but her water did break. The baby's head was just blocking the rest of it coming out.

Normally if your water breaks, you have to deliver within 24 hours because of the risk of infection.

KUP!
Storm122 likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 08:45 AM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully the doctor will double check! I would definitely call them and insist on them double checking!

March 13th, 2013, 08:55 AM
still waiting on the midwife to call me back, went grocery shopping and had some contractions! a few about 6 minutes a part and now nothing... ahhh
I guess it is some progress!
March 13th, 2013, 09:44 AM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this happen to me with my 2nd. I knew I was leaking fluid but the test came back negative at the hospital. Because I insisted I wasn't peeing myself and it wasn't discharge they kept me in observation and told me to let them know when I felt a trickle again. Well it happened and they tested the pad and sure enough I wasn't crazy it was my water.

So in my opinion if you believe it was your water and you know it was nothing else I would believe you.
Here's what I suggest. Put a pad on, lay down for 1/2 hour, then get up and see if anything comes out. If it doesn't it is possible you have a high leak and baby is blocking the leak.
To me though it sounds like you're going to have a baby in the next day or so.
Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

March 13th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
I had this happen to me with my 2nd. I knew I was leaking fluid but the test came back negative at the hospital. Because I insisted I wasn't peeing myself and it wasn't discharge they kept me in observation and told me to let them know when I felt a trickle again. Well it happened and they tested the pad and sure enough I wasn't crazy it was my water.

So in my opinion if you believe it was your water and you know it was nothing else I would believe you.
Here's what I suggest. Put a pad on, lay down for 1/2 hour, then get up and see if anything comes out. If it doesn't it is possible you have a high leak and baby is blocking the leak.
To me though it sounds like you're going to have a baby in the next day or so.
Good luck.
so glad this happen to someone else too! I'm not going crazy! I layed down yesterday after it happened with a pad tomake sure it was my water and when I got up I had another leak, that's when I called the clinic. my pad was soaked. I then sat on the toilet and more came out.
Nothing more for about 22 hours now. so I am just waiting, had some strong contractions for a good 30 minutes then nothing... I heard from the nurse but she wants the midwife to call me. Not sure if they will induce or just monitor me.
March 13th, 2013, 02:50 PM
So they did pooling again and no ferns showed up on the test. Negative again. Toldme not to worry, then monitored me and baby. Things look good and to proceed
Ike normal, just taking caution incase it was a high leak not to take a bath or intercourse to be safe. Glad I got check out again ii was getting nervious about if we were okay and what to do from here!
hoping contraction pick up and he is here by the weekend!
March 13th, 2013, 06:01 PM
kazarmo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm122 View Post
So they did pooling again and no ferns showed up on the test. Negative again. Toldme not to worry, then monitored me and baby. Things look good and to proceed
Ike normal, just taking caution incase it was a high leak not to take a bath or intercourse to be safe. Glad I got check out again ii was getting nervious about if we were okay and what to do from here!
hoping contraction pick up and he is here by the weekend!
Glad you got checked again. Don't doubt yourself is my only advice. The leak can reseal itself. I've never had this happen but I've heard it does happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~
dd15 born weighing 6 pds 2 ounces, 19 inches. 12-3-96
dsd12
dsd10
dd9 months born weighing 6 pds 5 ounces, 19 1/2 inches. 12-22-2011
Expecting baby #3 ANOTHER GIRL!!!!!!! woot woot

March 13th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazarmo View Post
Glad you got checked again. Don't doubt yourself is my only advice. The leak can reseal itself. I've never had this happen but I've heard it does happen.
i still believe my water broke, I am watching my temp and all. But I have heard of people going days after there water breaking and delivering with no problems. As long as I feel good, I am not worried!
Thank you for your advice!
I have a feeling I am going to go into labor in the next few days

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search