What was your experience with the days leading up to labor?

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs.Storm

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
I am curious for all those who went into labor, what it was like for you the days leading up to it? I know everyone has different things happen and the way they felt, did your water break, were you dilated before hand or not?
I am currently 6 days over due, almost 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced. I have had steady BH but almost nothing in the past few days. He usually moves like crazy but it has only been bumps and nudges. I am also feeling the best today. I have heard this can happen right before labor.
I am driving myself crazy with waiting!!
March 26th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aw, eventually he will come out! Have you been dtd? Supposedly that helps, but I couldn't say one way or another for myself. I didn't really feel different before my baby came, but I suppose there was a slight burst of energy the day I had her. I did spend the entire pregnancy on my feet and I think all the walking I did at work the day of also helped. Also, the real contractions were completely different from BH's. Good luck and enjoy these last days of pregnancy!

March 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I know he will come when he is good and ready! Yes we have dtd! We will see if it works or not It just makes me curious as to what others have been through! Thanks for sharing your experience with me!
March 26th, 2013, 07:50 PM
momoftwinsand1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a burst of energy the days before, I was cleaning like crazy. I also had a lot of braxtion hicks that were much stronger than they had been. Baby was moving less than normal. I had a lot of lower back pain too. DTD has always worked for me once I was already dilated. This time however they stripped my membranes at my appt. and I went into labor the night (well really the early morning hours).
John Allen 4-4-06, VBAC 6 pounds 2 ounces 19 inches long
Paige Belle 5-21-07, VBAC 5 pounds 9 ounces 17 inches
Ava Marie 2-28-09, VBAC 5 pounds 10 ounces,16 1/2 inches
Jackson Douglas 2-13-13, VBAC 6 pounds 5 ounces, 19 inches
March 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM
KtKuKi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a bloody show and then went into labor 2 days later with both my babies. 41 weeks is average for 1st time moms, so hopefully you'll have your baby soon!

March 27th, 2013, 08:00 AM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
well I am about on the same page as you, I am now 12 days past my due date and nothing is working... this is my 3rd though so I am sure it will come when it is ready but it doesn't make it much easier. My longest pregnancy before this was 9 days past. I started taking primrose oil yesterday orally and vaginally so hopefully that will help, we have also been dtd and i have done pretty much everything (all the wives tales) besides castor oil since I don't think it is wise to start labor out possibly dehydrated. I am going to try walking as much as I can today, yesterday I had a big burst of energy so hopefully that was a good thing. Otherwise Raspberry leaf tea helped me go into labor with my son along with stripping of my membranes. We tried stripping my membranes this time but for some reason my cervix gets a little more posterior each day right now so my midwife couldn't even reach it yesterday at my appointment.

I wish you the best of luck that things get going very quickly for you!

March 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marialena View Post
well I am about on the same page as you, I am now 12 days past my due date and nothing is working... this is my 3rd though so I am sure it will come when it is ready but it doesn't make it much easier. My longest pregnancy before this was 9 days past. I started taking primrose oil yesterday orally and vaginally so hopefully that will help, we have also been dtd and i have done pretty much everything (all the wives tales) besides castor oil since I don't think it is wise to start labor out possibly dehydrated. I am going to try walking as much as I can today, yesterday I had a big burst of energy so hopefully that was a good thing. Otherwise Raspberry leaf tea helped me go into labor with my son along with stripping of my membranes. We tried stripping my membranes this time but for some reason my cervix gets a little more posterior each day right now so my midwife couldn't even reach it yesterday at my appointment.

I wish you the best of luck that things get going very quickly for you!
I wish you luck! I am feeling good and stress test today showed baby was doing excellent, so I am letting him cook! I was mainly concerned about weight etc... But he is looking at about 8 pounds so that makes me feel better go in Monday to decide when to induce, I want a water birth and need to deliver by 42 weeks.

Keep walking! It is finally getting nice here, so I have been out walking the dogs today!
March 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
Well, I started walking almost every day at about 38 weeks, and took primrose oil by mouth at 36 weeks, then upped the dose to vaginally as well at 38 weeks. And starting at about... a week before giving birth i had a pretty significant increase in discharge. Sometimes it even had a small glob or two in it. I was slowly losing my plug. Other than that though, honestly I felt totally normal up untill the day I went into labor. And early on that day it all started by getting the usual painless Braxton hicks, but they felt a bit stronger and were coming more often. After noticing them for 4 hours I started timing and they were 5-10 minutes apart. Then as the day went by labor set in. Hope that helps!
Storm122 likes this.
March 28th, 2013, 07:17 PM
It totally helps! I am intrested in how different everyone's experience is and was! I am 8 days over due and the past few nights have had little Braxton hicks, but when I do they are more painful and more menstral like cramping. Last week, I had more BH but not very strong. Noticing some differences so who knows! Maybe tonight is my night!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search