Sage Marie is finally here!(birth story and pics!)

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lisamarie0023

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran
I can't believe she is here! So perfect!!!! Ahh!

So, I was scheduled to be induced yesterday(3/26) at 7:15am.. Well,

So Sunday night at 9:30 I finally had bloody show. It continued forever too. Every time I peed. Around 10:40pm I started getting contractions. Then at abou 11:45 they were about 1-2 minutes apart so we headed to the hosptial.. Only to be told to go home because they weren't strong enough even tho they were close together. Boo! That was awful to here since I was a week late at that point. Anyway,
We go home, I sleep for about 2 hours after taking Tylenol pm o ly to wake up with contractions. They hurt! I finally knew what everyone meant when they said you know when they are real! ****! So I couldn't sleep. I thought I was dying Monday afternoon when they picked up there strength even more, Almost all in my back. I didn't sleep at all since I woke up Sunday night with the contractions. Finally at 2am Monday night/Tuesday morning, I call the doctor tell her they are 6mins apart and she says to come in. Nervous that I would get sent home again only to have to go back at 7:15am that mornkng tobe induced,I wait as long I can. At 5am we finally head to the hosptial.
They check me, I'm STILL only 1 cm at 6am! Then, my own doctor started her shift in the hosptial, and at 7:30 when she checked me I was 3 cm dilated and 100% effaced!! I got the eppidural about 15 minutes later cuz I was basically shaking/thrashing in pain. My co tractions were intense!

After that I felt great! At 9:30 they broke my water for me, then At 11am they started some pitocin to bring my contractions closer. I felt great at that point numb as could be and chatting away with the nurses. Maybe slept for 45 minutes. So dead tired. At 1:45 pm my doctor checked
Me and I was 10cm and ready to push!!

Pushing was not fun lol. I didn't think I'd make it thru at all. Oh! When they broke my water, they told me that our baby had a bowel movement inside me and special doctors would be present to check her when she was first born and I wouldn't be able to hold her right away. Thankfully, after 2 hours of pushing our baby girl was here!! I was freaking out asking if she was ok over and over again, even after they told me she was. John had her... And that's when the bad stuff started for me..

So, my cord separeted from the placenta, and the placenta was attached to the wall of my uterus.. And my doctor was goog to have to go in and get it.. I was TERRFIED. After her first 2 attempts to retrieve the placenta, she wasn't getting it, and I was screaming in pain. The eppidural wasn't doing anything at all for it. She had her entire arm up to her elbow inside of me. The worst pain of my life. They called and got me more eppidural, morphine and fentenal, and finally I was ok enough for her to go inside again. It took her a few more attempts and then she said if the next attempt didn't create any results we were going to have to go into surgery. THANKFULLY she went in again and start to be able to grab pieces of the placenta. 2 more times and it was all out! I have never been so scared in my life ever. Our baby girl was so amazing during the whole progress that took about 40 minutes. Then I had a 2nd degree tear that went down and zig zagged to the left.. She said it was a strange rip.. Got stitches and then cleaned me up and I feed baby for the first time. She latched perfect from the start!! She sucks amazing! Her hands, a binky, me! I love breast feeding!!! I'm in awe of our daughter. I love her so much I can't stand it. She's perfect!

Sage Marie- 6lbs 13oz, 19 3/4 inches long a peanut born at 41 weeks 2 days

March 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM
yvee80's Avatar SmileyMom
Location: McDonough, GA by way of Charlotte, NC and my home NY!!!!
Glad she is here she is such a cute little one!!!! My oldest DD was a finger sucker too, on her us you could see it and she was born with those same fingers in her mouth ! Congrats mom!

*Thanks Jaidyn's mum for my beautiful siggy

>
March 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Storm122's Avatar Super Mommy
So glad she came on her own! Congrats! Hope you heal quickly!
March 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear that she made it out and was healthy! I feel so bad that you had to go threw all that pain though but I'm 100% sure she was worth it! She is soo beautiful. Congrats!

March 27th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Veteran
Congrats she is adorable

March 27th, 2013, 08:46 PM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations, she's just perfect! I hope that you heal quickly.

March 28th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!
March 28th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Sorry about your pain though.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

March 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
She is lovely! And I adore her name. Man that sounded so painful though with the placenta. =/
March 29th, 2013, 08:48 AM
adson's Avatar Veteran
Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search