Camden Naomi is here =)

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I had my little girl on March 14th - 4 days overdue.

After having my membranes stripped twice with no labor success, I was scheduled to be induced on March 19th. However, while laying in bed on March 13th at 9:30pm I felt my first contraction, then the next one seemed to come pretty quickly after that. So I laid there for an hour and timed them. They were coming 1 1/2 - 2 minutes apart and lasting 30-45 seconds. I called my midwife and she told me to head to the hospital (in her words) "once you feel like the contractions are so strong that you're recovering in between them". At this point they were still pretty consistent but I didn't feel like they were horrible. So I got in the shower and waited until 12am to wake DH up to head to the hospital. On the way to the hospital the contractions got alot stronger to where I couldn't talk during them. The hospital was only about 20 minutes away but by then time we arrived I was in unbearable pain. The nurses seen how much pain I was in and hurried me to get in my gown and called the on-call OB in. She checked me and I was already at 10 cm and baby was at +3 position I was shocked to say the least & terrified to do this without any pain medicine. I started pushing and Camden Naomi was here within 3 pushes and 5 minutes. She came out with a stern grip on her cord, lol and was absolutely beautiful at 7lbs 15oz & 20" long. She arrived within 20 minutes of us pulling into the parking garage. My midwife was even shocked when she arrived 30 minutes later.
Because my labor was so fast, I didn't have time to receive antibiotics for my group B strep but they looked over Camden and said she was perfectly fine. However, the next morning while performing her newborn hearing test, they discovered that she was breathing at 88 breaths per minute which they thought could be a sign that she had group B strep And they decided to keep her in the NICU while they ran some tests. After full bloodwork & chest x-ray they didn't find anything, but came to the conclusion that she had the early onset of pneumonia that wasn't traceable yet and decided to start her on 2 antibiotics. Her breathing didn't stabilize until 4 days later and she had to remain in the NICU on anti biotics and oxygen for 7 days until Friday the 22nd. This was the most horrible experience I've ever had to go thru. Thankfully, since I'm exclusively breastfeeding, the hospital allowed me to board in the hospital room after I was discharged.

We're home now and Camden is doing GREAT!

April 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations.
April 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Veteran
congrats I am glad she is ok and she is so pretty.
April 4th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Gini_3boys's Avatar Super Mommy
*Lurking* Congrats on your little one! I know all babies are cute and everything but she truly is a gorgeous baby!

Devin - 06/29/2004 Riley - 03/01/2007 Kyler - 07/20/2010 Tanner - 07/30/2013
April 5th, 2013, 03:19 AM
PrincessLou79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Sorry she didn't have such a great start but I'm pleased to hear all is well and she's home now.

April 5th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Super Mommy
So scary! I am glad everything is okay though. She is so precious!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search