Sleeping...

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
JLNichols07's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So since a majority of our babies have been born..I have a question! Is your baby sleeping where you'd plan on him/her to sleep at? How many hours at night is she/he sleeping?

Corie slept from 11-7 last night..and this isn't the first time it has happened. Sometimes she wakes up to eat her bottle but sometimes she will sleep right through bottle time. As far as where she sleeps at..I got a crib, bassinet, and pack n play/bassinet ...thinking she'd sleep in her bassinet at nights for the first few months and then we'd transition her over to the crib when she got old enough to where we let her CIO. But she doesn't like her bassinet at all..she sleeps in her swing all night ...and alot during the day. Anyone elses child not like their beds? lol

April 6th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
yes, we are co sleeping, which is what we planned to do. He sleeps for 2-3 hours a time between feedings at night

April 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Veteran
I'm going with not really for where we want him to sleep. He's supposed to sleep in a bassinet downstairs and in a pack n play next to the bed. The reality is he sleeps while someone holds him except for the hours between 4-9 when both parents and grandparents are all sleeping or unavailable. When he sleeps it's only for 1-3 hours at a time. Rarely can we get him to sleep longer. I know he'd sleep better if we cosleep or use a swing or vibrator but the boyfriend insists on safe sleeping (except for when he makes suggestions like propping him up in with a blanket)
April 7th, 2013, 10:30 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
We're bed sharing (Rylie and me, not hubby). I never ever thought I would, but she DOES NOT like anything we have for her. This has been a problem since we were in the hospital. They had to break their no sleeping with baby rule because she was basically inconsolable if she wasn't skin to skin with me.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
April 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Super Mommy
I had planned to keep babygirl in her crib in her room from the start, but then I had a csection so she sleeps in her bassinet at night, my bed in the morning, and her crib or swing or shakey chair for naps.

She is a really good sleeper though sleeping around from about 2-8

She was being a booger last night and wouldnt sleep until 4 though, but she did sleep til around ten so it wasnt too bad
April 7th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran
Our baby girl sleeps in her bassinet at night, and for most naps as well. I have to say we are extremely lucky with that! I also know(from working with infants- 2yrs) how hard some habits are to break so I've tried not to start them.. I let her sleep in the swing while I clean or whatever.

As far as how long she'll sleep- well, the doctor said to let her sleep if she doesn't wake up since she gained so much weight in a week(a whole pound!) but I always wake up after about 5 hours naturally and check on her and get her up to eat since I'm up anyway, and then she sleep till 6:30-7:30.. So from between 10-11 until 6:30-7:30. I don't think she would wake up if I didn't get her up to feed. I'm hoping I stop waking myself up soon and just sleep!
April 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Veteran
Logan sleeps in his cradle in his room, and pretty much has since he came home from the NICU (we figured he was sleeping in a crib in his own room while there, so might as well keep it up!). He usually sleeps there from 11-9, and gets up for 2 feedings inbetween. But, some nights he only sleeps in there for part of the time and then in his bouncy seat or swing with me on the couch other times. Since we've been putting him in a swaddler at night, he's done MUCH better!
April 7th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran
Our babygirl sleeps in her bassinet most of the time sometimes she sleeps with us. She wakes up every three hrs to eat at night sometimes she will go longer the longest she has went is six hrs.
April 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
RUNNER25's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kinley will sleep in the rock & play sleeper, or we co-sleep. This is pretty much what we planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet.hun View Post
We're bed sharing (Rylie and me, not hubby). I never ever thought I would, but she DOES NOT like anything we have for her. This has been a problem since we were in the hospital. They had to break their no sleeping with baby rule because she was basically inconsolable if she wasn't skin to skin with me.
I co-slept with my first baby also, for the same reason as you...he would not let us set him down. We also never planned on it, but I don't regret it at all. He is now almost 4 and goes to sleep in his own bed with no problems. He is a wonderful, caring, cuddly little guy!

April 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Athme's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tori always sleeps in her crib as far as when she goes to sleep or for how long that is a different story altogether. She could sleep for 3 hours, she could sleep for 6. It's a guessing game!
April 10th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Veteran
We started Matteo in his pack n play in the beginning. He was making so many little noises during the night and I'm a light sleeper, so we moved him to his crib in his own room. He has slept well in his crib as long as he is in his swaddler. We usually put him down around 7-8pm every night and he usually sleeps 2-4 hours in between feedings.
April 10th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Veteran
Well, my daughter completely changed her awesome sleeping habits on me! Since I stopped breastfeeding, Sage Marie wakes up now every 2.5-3 hours to eat. I thought she would sleep better with formula but I guess not! She was sleeping 5+ hours and ud wake her up after 5/6hrs to eat(or whenever I got up..) I'm exhausted now. I'm praying she starts to sleep more at night m. I'm trying to stimulate her more during the day and keep her awake as long as possible before bed(which sleeps to be between 10:30-11:30) we'll see how it goes
April 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM
adson's Avatar Veteran
He is sleeping in his crib in our room. I am ebf, he eats every 2 hours!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search