Awesome experience story.

Forum: March 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To March 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Mrs.Storm's Avatar New mommy
So I gave birth to my daughter Arrow at home right? There were two midwives, a doula, hubby and a few female family members there through the whole thing. Well among them was my 16 year old sister in law who wants to be a nurse. I figured she could come watch as a learning experience if she wanted, and she was all over it. Needless to say she saw EVERYTHING. All the pain I was in, the 20+ hours of labor, she helped out the midwives, and at the end saw me push out my daughter on my bed and into my husbands arms. She even got to shorten the umbelical cord after hubby cut it. After all was said and done she said that (to my surprise) it was the most amazing experience of her life and now she is determined to become either a midwife or a nurse midwife. I was just so touched that my labor and delivery was so inspiring for her!! I thought for sure she would be grossed out by it all, but figured it would be educational for her so... lol Anyways, I just thought that was awesome and wanted to share with you ladies. If anyone else have any good experiences or stories I would totally love to hear it!
April 20th, 2013, 04:23 AM
Veteran
I saw your post on FB and I think this is wonderful. I wonder how my life would have been different if I wouldn't have heard all the horrible birth stories during my life. I was petrified of birth, so its wonderful that your niece has seen a positive birth experience.
April 20th, 2013, 06:34 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
That's awesome!!!

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search