Great resource to create and share wish/gift lists!

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2009, 10:36 AM
I recently found a great website that helps with tracking what everybody in the family wants for the holidays – WishTracker.net. It’s at www.wishtracker.net and it’s totally free.

I was invited to WishTracker.net by my brother. I received an invite email, clicked on the link to the site, and filled out a quick registration form. Within minutes, I was a member. Immediately, I became connected to my brother who invited me and now have a link to view his wishlist. I can even see his recent updates too. Very cool.

There’s a link to start my own wishlist, so I clicked on that and added a great dress that I keep hinting about to my husband. It was so easy! I even gave it a high "I want it!" rating so he gets the point. Ha ha.

I then click on my brother's wishlist. My brother has been using the site for a few weeks and has added a lot to his wishlist. It's here that I see one of the great things about this site: I can purchase something for him and mark it off his wishlist. The item will go down in the "purchased" category so other people connected to him won't buy him the same item. What’s really great is he won't see that it has been purchased, so it doesn’t ruin the surprise.

There's also a link at the top of his wishlist where I can add something to his wishlist without him knowing. Sometimes I purchase an item and want to show others that he's going to receive it, so they don’t buy him the same item. All of this is easily done here.

I can see all people I'm connected to in the "My Friends" section. I found my sister-in-law through the member search and invited other family members to join also. When they signed up, I was immediately connected to them.

Only people connected to you that you have approved as friends can see your wishlist. I like that security factor.

It has been five months since I signed up, and my entire extended family is now on the site. WishTracker.net is so easy to use that my kids are even using the site to make their holiday gift list. Grandma and Grandpa have already started their shopping.

WishTracker.net has been a HUGE time saver. Now I never have to worry about what to get someone as a gift, and I (usually) get exactly what I want as well! Ha ha.

Hope it helps!
November 2nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

November 7th, 2009, 09:20 PM
cakelady's Avatar :)
Cool. I use wishlist.com, but I may have to check out this one.
November 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cool thanks

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Tags
family , gifts , holiday , share , shopping

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search