Clothes

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2012, 10:27 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go through your dresser and closet?
For those with kids, how often do you go through theirs?
Do you store any of your (or your children's) clothes? How?
For those with kids, how long do you plan on storing their clothes?
What do you do with the clothes you decide to get rid of?
Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
MusicMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go through your dresser and closet? At least once a year... I try for twice

For those with kids, how often do you go through theirs? Ryan is growing so fast... We change his clothes out each season

Do you store any of your (or your children's) clothes? How? When Ryan out grows clothes... We box them up and they are in storage... Fairly sure we are done having kids but keeping them just in case.

For those with kids, how long do you plan on storing their clothes? I have no idea

What do you do with the clothes you decide to get rid of? Donate them if they are in good condition

Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing? I just go through everything and think of the last time I wore it

February 3rd, 2012, 11:13 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
How often do you go through your dresser and closet? Never

For those with kids, how often do you go through theirs? When their clothing gets small aka next to never

Do you store any of your (or your children's) clothes? How? yes in bins by size and gender in the closet.

For those with kids, how long do you plan on storing their clothes? lol I have dresses that belonged to my older sister abd she is turning 50 this year...

What do you do with the clothes you decide to get rid of? Donate, trash tredup depending on condition.

Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing? Add dryer sheets and they'll smell good when the bin is reopenned.

February 3rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How often do you go through your dresser and closet? I try to go through it once a year, but has been 2-3 since the last time I went through it. Having to wear my maternity clothes in '09-'10 kind of threw me off.
For those with kids, how often do you go through theirs? I try to go through all their clothes once I notice that they are starting to get a little tight.
Do you store any of your (or your children's) clothes? How? Yes. Clothes that they have outgrown are sorted and stored by age and gender in clear totes in our basement storage room. Clothes that they have yet to grow into are stored in 2 clear totes in the top of their closets - one is labeled "Next Size" and the other is labeled "Bigger Sizes".
For those with kids, how long do you plan on storing their clothes? I have stored Kendra's for 5 1/2 years now (sizes newborn through child 6) and Josh's for 19 months (sizes newborn through 18 months). DH and I are pretty sure we are done having kids so thinking about having a garage sale this summer to clear it all out. Whatever doesn't sell will go to the consignment store.
What do you do with the clothes you decide to get rid of? Baby clothes I am okay with doing a garage sale because they seem to sell okay. DH and my clothes go to the consignment store.
Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing? I have tried wrapping the hanger hooks with different colors of electrical tape (which corresponds to a specific year) so that I know how long it really has been since I have worn a specific item. If it was in the closet for 2 years without being worn then it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Song View Post
Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing? Add dryer sheets and they'll smell good when the bin is reopenned.
That is a great tip Nicole! Thanks for sharing!! I will have to go down and put one in all of my totes. I definitely hate that nasty stale stored smell they get!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

February 12th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you go through your dresser and closet? Once a year.

For those with kids, how often do you go through theirs? When she goes up a size.

Do you store any of your (or your children's) clothes? How? Yes. In garbage bags.

For those with kids, how long do you plan on storing their clothes? We usually donate her stuff whithin a few months.

What do you do with the clothes you decide to get rid of? Donate, usually to a friend.

Do you have any tips or ideas on how to purge or store clothing? When she was a baby, I used to pin her outfits together with safety pins before I bagged them. Other than that, no.

Tags
clothes

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search