Whats your decor Wednesday 3/7/12

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your kitchen decorated?
Is there anything you would like to change about your decor?
If your kitchen isn't decorated, do you have any ideas how you want to decorate it?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 7th, 2012, 09:43 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hi, I'm new to this board! I followed a link from Augie.

We recently moved into a fixer-upper. The house is supposed to be French colonial, but it was built in 1971 and looks like it. The previous owner did some very minor remodeling to the kitchen before he lost his job & stopped in the middle. So they put granite countertops on the original cabinets (which were untouched), and put in a very low end black oven and dishwasher. The floor is the original vinyl, big black & white squares, and you can see mold growing underneath the white squares in certain areas. We painted the cabinets white until we could figure out what to do with the rest of the kitchen. It really needs to be torn apart & redone, starting with the moldy floor (which was missed on the home inspection).

If I had a lot of money, I would make it a classic colonial style kitchen with a French country flair, with white cabinets, a marble countertop and backsplash, French doors leading to the back patio. I'd redo the floor with either cherry-stained wood (to match the rest of the house) or with some kind of tile, I have no idea what type. Maybe when the time comes, I'll post here for ideas and inspiration!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

March 8th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the board Lisa!! Great to have you here!!

Sounds like there is some work to be done on your kitchen. So sorry about the moldy floors. I have heard that Hydrogen Peroxide is supposed to kill mold. I wonder if that would be able to get to the mold under your vinyl floor or not.

The kitchen you would turn it into sounds beautiful!

My kitchen is far from decorated! Decor is one area I need help in. Our kitchen is part of the same room as the dining room and living room. We have vaulted ceilings, so we have the tops of our cabinets that I need to put some decor on. Right now I just have our 3 liquor bottles, some old ceramic pots, and all my cook books up there. Not very impressive. I have all black appliances, the paint is a cream color, and our stain and laminate wood floor are both a dark oak color. And my oven is in our kitchen island. I took pictures (I still need to upload and post on the show me your kitchen post). I may post them here too. Any ideas for decor to put on top of the cabinets are welcome!

March 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kitchen is really too small to do much with. As it is I need to reorganize it to make it more functional and that'll be about it. When we move (if we ever do!) I'll have more say in what the kitchen will look like. Until then I'm looking for ideas.
March 10th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Okay, here are pictures of my decor now.

Any good ideas for decorating on top of my cupboards?

Last edited by babyloves2dance; March 10th, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
March 10th, 2012, 09:00 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
How is your kitchen decorated? red, white and blue... cabinets are white
Is there anything you would like to change about your decor?nicer countertops like granite or marble
If your kitchen isn't decorated, do you have any ideas how you want to decorate it? doensn't apply... I love my kitchen, the size, and space. I just want new countertops

March 11th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Ours is not very decorated, but I've also deliberately not invested too much time into buying things for this kitchen because we really don't plan on being here long. I add little things and will show pictures tomorrow, but paint, counters, any decor that would be specific to this kitchen would be a huge waste of money and time.

Right now, it's pretty standard for a rental. Neutral floors and beige walls. The cabinets are actually nice colour - sort of a reddish brown (although it doesn't match our table and chairs), and the counter tops aren't bad either but I'm not sure how to describe them. They're imitation granite.

Ours is off of the living room too.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Tags
decor , kitchen

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search