Grrrr.

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
The fridge that we're using isn't ours - it's part of the rental. We opted to sell the one dh had before we got married for personal reasons as well as convenience (not something we wanted to move across two states) so we've just rolled with it.

It isn't big and I don't like the way it's set up, but it generally does what it needs to and we'll worry about one we like when we're not in a rental. What stinks though is that the shelves on the inside of the door aren't in great shape - or rather, the bars to keep things on the shelf aren't in good shape. They're removable and a couple have small cracks in them, but we've just tried to limit what we keep there so it doesn't press on the bars and to be gentle when we open and close the door.

We keep juice and wine in the bottom shelf because it's the only one with enough room. About 30 minutes ago, I opened the door to grab some water and to start dinner and apparently the bar for the bottom shelf had come off (NO idea how). Yep. You guessed it. Wine and glass all over the floor that I scrubbed on my hands and knees two weeks ago.

The juice was in a plastic bottle thankfully, and of the two wine bottles only one broke (although, of course, it was the brand new, unopened one that broke, not the one with only a glass and a half's worth of wine left in it ). I've got it cleaned up now and I'm hoping it won't be too sticky when it dries (I ran the Swiffer WetJet over it, so we'll see), but I'm mad that a) the bar came off for no apparent reason b) my floor! c) and our brand new bottle of wine.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
March 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry about the mess! And so sorry that the bottle that broke was the new unopened bottle of wine. Also sorry that it happened so soon after scrubbing the floor.

I totally understand what you are talking about! The fridge we had in our old house was one that DH's grandparent's had in that house and it also had issues with the bars that went across the shelves on the door. The bars in our fridge would constantly come apart from the shelves. Luckily we never had anything fall out (close though), but there was one time that the fridge got warm because we didn't notice that one of the bars had gotten in the way and didn't allow the door to close all the way.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 16th, 2012, 06:07 AM
It happened again! Last night dh opened the fridge and that time the middle bar had come off. We lost half of a big jar of salsa that we also had just bought. After we cleaned up the kitchen again, I put the things that didn't break back in the fridge - glass ones just on the normal shelves because I'm tired of dealing with this and the plastic ones on the door shelves because it's a low enough drop that they're fine.

Then as I closed the fridge door, I heard something fall. I opened the door slowly and sure enough the bottom shelf had come off again - so this has been 3 times in one day at this point. I kind of figured that's what happened so I opened it slowly and there was no more glass on the bottom shelves so we didn't lose anything that time, but I decided to just find spots for the juice bottles that were down there on the normal shelves in the fridge.

March 16th, 2012, 06:19 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a pain!! So sorry you lost 1/2 the salsa on top of the wine from earlier.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 16th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Thanks. My kitchen is at least de-sticky-fied now, so that makes me feel better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search