i need help plain and simple.

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wefrogy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
first off let me start by saying i'm lazy,like think the laziest person you know times 5. Couple that with ADD and bipolar disorder and that makes a horrible housewife. I am trying to work on it more. The longest i kept this place clean(to hubbys standards) was 3 weeks at a time. i just plain out need help with how to go about this.my son is special needs and can't really be left alone for various reasons and no matter what my daughter follows me so i'm always tripping over her. i make schedules but they never work the way i do it. and i try to organize but my version of organization is a box for every room in the house that i throw things into when i dont want to deal with it. i dont even know where to begin. someone please help!!??!!?? i really want to help my husband be happy and less stressed at home which he is when our home is clean as his love language is acts of service

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

March 21st, 2012, 02:02 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to the board Felicia!!

I'm Kelsey - wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (5 years) and Josh (21 months). It took me a long time to find a cleaning system that worked for me. I eventually settled on a check list type system based off of JM's Home organization planner . Only for my version I divided my house up into 7 sections and then listed out the things that needed done in each section. I typed up these lists and put them into page protectors in a 3 ring binder and mark each item off with a dry erase marker as I get it done. If I don't get something on the list done, it just becomes a higher priority on the list the next week. Another thing I like to do for myself is give myself a reward. If I get all of X done then I can have an afternoon to scrapbook type of thing.

Where to begin...you can jump right in on the challenges I post. This month I have focused on the kitchen and all the challenges I have posted relating to the kitchen can be found up in the challenges subforum. I have tried to break the kitchen down into some smaller tasks - Monday mini's and Truth/Dare challenges easier than the Wednesday weekly ones. Not sure which room we will be focusing on yet, but I plan to break it down into manageable tasks as well. Another way to begin may also be doing a short 10-15 minutes of cleaning each day (like we do with our 10-15 minute Tuesdays).

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

March 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I find that setting time limits works pretty good for me. Like i will set the timer on the microwave for 20 mins and will go from room to room one end of the house to the other and pick up. When times up I'm done for a while. Will repeat at later times through out the day if needed.

baskets are decorative for the home and make great catch all for toys, magazines etc. to reduce clutter
babyloves2dance likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search