first time here...need inspiration.

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
miamor
hi! i just found this board today...anywho, i have a recently turned 1 baby boy who has stolen my heart but has also stolen all of my time and organizational skills! how do you find time to clean/keep things tidy with little ones around? i used to be the type to tidy up in the evenings, before bed and things were in their place and since i had my son, my house is in such disarray. i found one thing that helps is just tackling a couple of things a day instead of trying to do everything in a weekend, but i just cant seem to get everything organized. any tips? is there anything (baskets, bins, storage drawers?) you invested in that helped you get things more organized?
i just want to get some of the order back into our home! thanks in advance!

(also, i love your truth or dare posts...those could be very motivational! )
April 5th, 2012, 08:39 PM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to the board! I'm Michelle.

I'm in desperate need of some organizational and time management skills myself. I work fulltime outside the home and just don't have time to keep up on it all the time and hate wasting my weekends on cleaning. I recently joined this board and i think it's going to help.

Only advice or word of wisdom I can offer is "baskets". I have a thing for baskets. They are decorative for the home and a great catch all for a number of things. Get the large baskets that you set on the floor for things such as toys and the smaller ones for table tops for remotes, magazines etc.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll find lots of inspiration here.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 6th, 2012, 05:15 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
welcome

April 6th, 2012, 08:41 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Welcome to the Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization Board!!

I'm Kelsey, wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (5 years) and Josh (21 months). What I have done for cleaning is divided my house up into 7 different sections. I typed up a list of things that should be done in each section of the house and placed the pages in page protectors in a 3 ring binder. I then work on 1 section of the house 1 day every week (ex: Saturday's I clean bedrooms). As I get things on the list done I can cross them off the list with a dry erase marker (which can be wiped off later so I can reuse my sheets). This allows me to have at least 1 clean room in the house at all times, and the rooms don't seem quite as hard to clean the following week.

I agree with Michelle on the baskets too! I don't have much for pretty baskets, but I do have a lot of totes that hold toys and stuff to be gone through/sorted/put away.

And thanks for the compliment on the Truth or Dare posts! I thought that turning cleaning into a game would be kind of fun.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search