shoes in the house

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2012, 06:37 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you and your family wear shoes in your house? If not, do you make guest take their shoes off?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 11th, 2012, 07:33 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
No shoes in the house! It's strange for me because down here, people are a lot more casual about it whereas where I'm from, nobody wears shoes in the house.

Dh takes his off as soon as he gets home though. The kids will sometimes wear them up to their room instead of taking them off downstairs at the door, and I usually let it slide unless it's wet outside.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
we do not wear shoes in our house either, with the except of bringing in groceries.
Most people know to take their shoes off, but if we are having family over for a birthday etc. I don't push the issue with those who don't take them off

April 11th, 2012, 02:32 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wefrogy View Post
we do not wear shoes in our house either, with the except of bringing in groceries.
Most people know to take their shoes off, but if we are having family over for a birthday etc. I don't push the issue with those who don't take them off
Same here.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
we don't wear shoes in the house. I don't make my guests take theirs off. We don't wear shoes in the house because it is so uncomfortable, not to protect the floors

April 11th, 2012, 09:18 PM
miamor
no shoes in the house here either. i'm not sure strict about asking people to remove them, but they usually see the shoes in the front and remove them anyway.
April 12th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I have a sign I made that says please remove your shoes with a picture of my kids bare feet. It hangs above a floating shoe rack and coat rack my hubby made next to the front door

April 12th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
I have a sign I made that says please remove your shoes with a picture of my kids bare feet. It hangs above a floating shoe rack and coat rack my hubby made next to the front door
That's a really cute idea!

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
April 13th, 2012, 06:34 AM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I make the kids take off their shoes (and dump out the sand before putting them in their closets). Hub wears his into the room where he takes them off. I wear my "indoor" shoes in the house because I hate the feeling of bare feet. We have tile in most areas of the house so I don't care if people wear shoes in there, but I try to avoid having people track in dirt on the carpets in the bedrooms.
April 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We usually don't wear shoes in the house. I'm wearing mine now; but, only because I'll be leaving to pick Kayley up at preschool in an hour. We don't make people take shoes off either. Maybe if our carpet was white or something. Luckily it's a sandy color.

April 13th, 2012, 09:41 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
What a cute idea!! LOVE it!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 14th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
We don't wear shoes, it's not a rule, it's just .... I guess we all don't like wearing shoes in the house?! If ppl come over I tell them not to bother, my carpet isn't 100% and vacuuming won't hurt me at all

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search