vacuum cleaners

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2012, 05:43 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of vacuum cleaner do you have? Would you recommend it to others or tell them not to bother?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 11th, 2012, 06:34 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We have a Bissell Cleanview Helix. We got it in the fall so it's pretty new, but I have no complaints.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
April 11th, 2012, 09:50 AM
wefrogy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a kirby. I like that it's a vacuum and a shampooer and everything you can do with it. works good for us, but would prefer a bagless

if someone was thinking about getting one I would definitely share my experience with it, but it's expensive

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy

April 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a Kenmore Progressive InteliClean and I absolutely HATE it! The salesman sold DH on it when he talked about what great suction it has. I was still unsure, but we needed a vacuum. With in 6 months the InteliClean part went out of it (that's an electronic sensor that tells you "how much" dirt the vacuum is picking up). It only collects about 1/2 a bag of dirt before it starts to lose suction...and the suction really isn't that great as I can feel stuff hitting my feet when I vacuum (it just kind of throws stuff at you). I'm not happy at all about how much we paid for the thing and how poor of a job it does. I would much rather have my clearanced $15.00 Hoover back. It worked so much better than this one.

Oh, and it is heavy!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

April 11th, 2012, 07:27 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I have a new Hoover machine. It is identical to a dyson and guarantees that it will never lose suction. I got it at Costco. So far, I really like it.

April 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM
miamor
i had a kirby and got sick of the bags and how heavy that thing was. changing attachments wasn't easy or quick either...and super expensive. ended up giving it to the in laws.
we now have a dyson animal with floor attachment. so far i like it. easy to use and the attachments are easy also. i would recommend it.
April 23rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
lapoema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have a kirby and i like it!
April 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a hoover that is about 12 years old or more. It works pretty good. My complaints are it's old and has a weird smell (like vomit or maybe pets) when we use it and I don't feel like it helps at all for the allergens. We all have allergies and that thing has been used at my our old apartment, my moms house, and our house.

So, hubby is buying me a Shark for mother's day. I may be getting it tonight. I'm excited....I hope it works well. He tells me he's heard good things about it...so wish me luck!

June 2nd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Oreck XL. It's super lightweight and has great suction. Hey, if it's good enough for hotel maids it's good enough for me. It doesn't work with attachments though so when those are needed I have a little mini shop vac that works wonders.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search