Hey ladies!

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 28th, 2012, 07:10 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know I didn't post a lot before we moved but I just wanted to let you know that I am still here! It's just that since we are in Texas for 3 months or so and I am staying with family there isn't much housework that I can do anywhere lol. I am still lurking though and getting ideas.

I am actually considering starting my own house cleaning and home organizing business while I am here (and of course continuing it in Hawaii). I think it would be fun and something I would really enjoy. I offered to do my friends home for her for free (she would just have to buy storage containers and such) if she will let me post them in my portfolio. The only thing I am still trying to figure out is how much to charge and stuff. I don't know if I should charge per hour or give an estimate depending on each job, have them buy the storage containers and organization things or include it in the price, etc. There is just a lot more to think about than I ever thought there would be, including deciding on a name! I have no clue what I would want to name my business lol.

But yeah, that's what's up with me right now! I hope you ladies are having a great spring, we are already getting summer weather here in Texas

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 02:48 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Meagan! That is so cool that you are thinking about starting your own house cleaning and organization business! Not sure what to suggest for charging people. I personally would probably go by hour as some projects look smaller than what they turn out to be. I would hate to under estimate the project and have to charge them more or else loose out on that amount. For storage containers, maybe take your clients shopping so that they can pick out containers they like but that also fit your needs as the organizer. That way you don't have to worry about them buying something that won't work for what you need and they won't worry about how much you are spending on those items. Name...not sure I can help you there. I'm sure you will come up with something great though!

Just out of curiosity, who is the OU fish eating on your avatar? It's not Nebraska is it! LOL! I'll sure miss watching those good old big 12 rivalry games!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

May 1st, 2012, 03:46 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ha it's the Texas A&M fish

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

May 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search