Do you have...

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2012, 07:51 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have an emergency document binder (or something similar)?

Example: DIY Emergency Documents Folder

If you don't, do you think this is something you might do?
Do you have any thoughts on a binder like this?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 15th, 2012, 11:59 AM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
I don't. It's a great idea though. I might end up doing this, but it'll be a while. We're preparing for a homestudy right now. I also need to prepare a binder for fostering. And I've been wanting to do a recipe one for a while.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
June 15th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I don't have one either, but am planning on making one.

June 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a bushfire kit, because we live in a very dry are with dense vegetation that has burned quite a number of times, we have had to evacuate some summers.

Our kit has ID for all family members (and cats) money, fireproof blankets, torches, food, water, fireproof protective clothing, battery operated radio programmed to the community alert station, first aid kit, small fire extinguisher.

It is a requirement in our area for all houses to have an evacuation plan submitted to the council, and each household has details of the closest fire shelter.

We dont keep anything like photos or sentimental things, it is too much to carry then, and so many people died on Black Saturday trying to save material objects, its not worth it.
June 15th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybele View Post
We have a bushfire kit, because we live in a very dry are with dense vegetation that has burned quite a number of times, we have had to evacuate some summers.

Our kit has ID for all family members (and cats) money, fireproof blankets, torches, food, water, fireproof protective clothing, battery operated radio programmed to the community alert station, first aid kit, small fire extinguisher.

It is a requirement in our area for all houses to have an evacuation plan submitted to the council, and each household has details of the closest fire shelter.

We dont keep anything like photos or sentimental things, it is too much to carry then, and so many people died on Black Saturday trying to save material objects, its not worth it.
That just gave me an idea! I never clear my camera memory cards, maybe I can put those in the binder too and then I would still have most of my pictures and they would be light and not take up too much room.

June 15th, 2012, 08:19 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
kinda.. I have a household binder. It is not up to date though with insurances, doctors, etc...

June 17th, 2012, 06:52 PM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
No, we don't. It's definitely something we should probably look into doing though!

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
June 17th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
We have all of that information scanned and stored in our computer network. It's on dh's server, not our personal computers and it's really secure. He works in data recovery and storage so I feel good about what he's got set up.

We have hard copies for most of them too, but they could probably be stored better.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search