Trouble Zones

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TreeTog

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2012, 09:47 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What areas of your house tend to be "trouble zones"? Areas that no matter how hard you try, they just keep accumulating clutter.
Why do you think things accumulate there?
What do you think would help keep clutter from accumulating in those areas?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

September 11th, 2012, 12:23 PM
TreeTog's Avatar Love is in the Air!
What areas of your house tend to be "trouble zones"? Areas that no matter how hard you try, they just keep accumulating clutter.

Bathroom counter and kitchen table

Why do you think things accumulate there?

They are flat surfaces and my 2yo can't reach everything on them yet.

What do you think would help keep clutter from accumulating in those areas?

Higher shelves and locks

Leslie
Buggymom likes this.

September 11th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Buggymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Living room and spare bedroom. The living room is pretty good size and my daughters toys and crafts end up taking the room over. The spare bedroom is a catch all because we "toss" something in there and forget about it. If my daughter would just keep her stuff in her bedroom and playroom upstairs that would take care of the living room. As far as the spare bedroom...we can either lock ourselves out, lol or have another baby....then what to do with all the junk!

September 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
What areas of your house tend to be "trouble zones"? Areas that no matter how hard you try, they just keep accumulating clutter. The top of our mini fridge in the mud room, the half wall by the stairs, and the eating side of the kitchen island.
Why do you think things accumulate there? The mini fridge is right by the back door and next to the bench so it is a good spot for everyone to clean out their pockets. The half wall accumulates the things that need to go downstairs but I am too lazy at the time to take down there. And the kitchen island is big enough for all those papers that like to pile up.
What do you think would help keep clutter from accumulating in those areas? I just need to be better at picking them up every week than what I am currently.

September 24th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Veteran
What areas of your house tend to be "trouble zones"? Areas that no matter how hard you try, they just keep accumulating clutter. The Kitchen table and my home office.

Why do you think things accumulate there? The kitchen table is my husband's fault he never reads his mail in a timely fashion, my office is where we stash stuff we don't know what to do with

What do you think would help keep clutter from accumulating in those areas? The kitchen table I am no clue I have tried everything with him. My office....have another baby cause then we would have no where to stash stuff and just deal with it at that moment
September 24th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmatto83 View Post
What areas of your house tend to be "trouble zones"? Areas that no matter how hard you try, they just keep accumulating clutter. The Kitchen table and my home office.

Why do you think things accumulate there? The kitchen table is my husband's fault he never reads his mail in a timely fashion, my office is where we stash stuff we don't know what to do with

What do you think would help keep clutter from accumulating in those areas? The kitchen table I am no clue I have tried everything with him. My office....have another baby cause then we would have no where to stash stuff and just deal with it at that moment
I have this same problem with my DH...only instead of the kitchen table it is the office desk. I usually end up just throwing it in a bankers box so that I don't have to look for it. Makes him mad at times, but looking at his mess all the time ticks me off all the time. Not to mention it makes it really hard to pay bills when you have to clean the desk off first.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search