Newbie Here :)

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Hello ladies! Im a newbie to this thread! When I am active I am mostly in the Paper Scrapbook area and also a member of the Oct 11 DDC. Recently we just moved into a bigger house and I am determined to start a cleaning schedule and stick to it! Also would love to get more organized a long the way.

Here's a little about me. My name is Robin, I am 27 and have been married to DH (Logan) for 3.5 years but we have been together for almost 10 years. We have 3 children together, Ellie is our oldest and she is 4. Garrett is out middle son and he is going to be 3 in January. Last is Blaine and he just turned 1 in October. So needless to say I have my hands full chasing these 3 around and usually only minutes after I clean up, they have messed it up behind me. lol I am a SAHM, love crafting, sewing and scrapbooking! I have never been one for keeping the house overly clean and for sure not much on being organized. We just moved into a bigger house and I want to start keeping a schedule for my self, for house cleaning, to-dos, menu planning, grocery shopping, etc!

So I hope to learn a lot from you ladies and get to know you a long the way

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
November 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey Robin!!! Great to see you over here!! I hope you enjoy your new house!! How exciting!! You already know me, so I'll skip the intro.

When we moved into our house, I thought that made for the perfect time to go though and purge! There was a ton of stuff that I wondered why I was holding on to it!

There are tons of great examples of schedules in the stickies. (I actually need to check and see if I ever put mine in there...hmmm)

For meal planning, I started with just writing stuff down using an altered (to fit my needs) version of the PDF on this site: Creating a weekly meal plan | Unclutterer I have recently (with in the last month) started using this site: Plan to Eat - Menu Planner & Grocery List Software It does cost money (the year subscription is quite a bit less than paying month by month) and they do give you a free trial period of 30 days. I'm loving it!!! It takes a little longer to use at first because you have to build a recipe book, but it gets faster as you use it. They have a really nifty little bookmarklet, so really the only recipes that take a lot of time are the ones from recipe books that you have to type in by hand (which is made really easy on this site too). One feature I LOVE about this site is that it will create a shopping list based on the recipes you plan! You can also bookmark their page on your smart phone and access and use the shopping list from there!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 13th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Robin nice to meet you! I am also a newbie to this board, and I never thought to do an intro! Haha! I guess I will do one here:

My name is Rosie, I am 28 years old, and I live in Southern California. My husband and I are expecting our first child in February. We are very excited about our new addition. While getting ready for baby, I have realized that I really, really need to get more organized. I decided to start checking out this board to see if I could find any great ideas, and meet more organized people than myself, and maybe give me the drive to get stuff organized!

I am very active on the Feb DDC board, and excited to start participating on this board.

-Rosie
November 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great to have you here Rosie!!

My name is Kelsey (31), wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (6 years) and Josh (2 years). I am also active on the Paper Scrapbooking Board, the Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning Board, and the Mommy Weight Loss and Fitness Board. I'm looking forward to sharing/swaping organizational ideas with you!!

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

November 13th, 2012, 01:39 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Hi Kelsey!!

Hi Rosie. Nice to meet you and congrats on your first little one. How exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyloves2dance View Post
Great to have you here Rosie!!

My name is Kelsey (31), wife to Jason and mommy to Kendra (6 years) and Josh (2 years). I am also active on the Paper Scrapbooking Board, the Cooking, Entertaining and Party Planning Board, and the Mommy Weight Loss and Fitness Board. I'm looking forward to sharing/swaping organizational ideas with you!!

Oh Kelsey, I didnt know you are on the Weight loss board too. I hope to get back to being active again. We are getting an elliptical from Logan's boss (I just dont know when) Ill for sure check into that board when I do!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search