Filing Cabinets

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any filing cabinets in your house?
Are they pretty well organized or are they a complete mess?
How often do you go through them to purge?
Do you have any tips for organizing your filing cabinet?

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

December 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
RobinX02's Avatar Crazy mom of 3!
Do you have any filing cabinets in your house? We have two. One has nothing in it yet and the other is a short 2 drawer and its a cracked out mess.

Are they pretty well organized or are they a complete mess? We kept the little one kinda in order but its still wacked! lol But we are waiting on the rack that the files sit on for the big cabinet. Ill keep it more organized.

How often do you go through them to purge? Whenever we move. LOL!

Do you have any tips for organizing your filing cabinet? Sorry, no tips from me!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Thanks *Kiliki* for my siggy
December 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have any filing cabinets in your house? We have 2 of the 4 drawer filing cabinets in our office and I am getting another one to put in the basement to keep our financial stuff in (all that stuff you have to keep for 7 years).
Are they pretty well organized or are they a complete mess? I started sorting through the 2 in the office and purging/organizing everything in them back in January.....I have 3 1/2 drawers really well organized. The other 5 1/2 are disasters!
How often do you go through them to purge? I try to go through them once a year (Usually in January so that I can pull everything out that was from the year that just got over).
Do you have any tips for organizing your filing cabinet? I made dividers for my filing cabinets by cutting a folder in half and then making 3 inch tabs on the computer and printing them on golden yellow paper and taping them to the left side of the 1/2 folder. I then put anything relevant to that tab behind it.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

December 6th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
One hanging file drawer, we usually go through it once a year and I'd describe it as.....decent.

That said, there's a hanging magazine holder on the wall that acts like a mail sorter/landing pad for documents and that thing is a MESS. It usually takes about 6 months to actually move a document from there and into the hanging file cabinet. It's bad. It's making me sad thinking about it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search