Decor Question

Forum: Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Housekeeping, Home Decor, and Organization LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, I'll admit, I just don't have an eye for home decor... I never know what looks good and what doesn't.

I'm in the process of getting our Nursery finished up and putting up shelves in the 'reading nook' has me really excited! We are using a bright orange as the accent colour and I am in search of fabric to make curtains to go over this window, that I'm hoping will be either orange, orange and white, or orange, white with a little navy blue. (I am thinking stripes of some kind, but I'm very open to suggestions here as well)

My real question is: Would you add the letters READ to this area? I was thinking about possible 6inch or less wooden letters painted orange. The next part of that question is would I put them above the shelves? or find space on one of the side walls a little lower down? Or skip it all together and leave this space as is +curtains?

Also for the curtains I was thinking 2 panels.... should they be floor length, or stop at the bottom of the window frame?

May 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
babyloves2dance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have much of an eye for decor either. LOL! LOVE LOVE LOVE how your reading nook is turning out so far though! When looking at the picture, I think the word READ would look good above the books. I visualize them better in white than orange though - they would match your shelves that way. Or maybe white letters with orange chevrons painted on them. I also think window length curtains would look good.

Missing our angel since February 17, 2009

Come join us!! Click on the blinkies below to follow me there!

June 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
Veteran
LOVE your reading nook! Perfect space for that! I do like the idea of the word 'Read' above the books - plenty of space there for it. As for the curtains, I personally prefer floor length, or just shy of floor length. If you have orange in your curtains, I think the orange letters would look nice. I love 'pops' of color, and it would help carry your accent color throughout the room. If you have one, add a baby blanket/throw with some orange in it draped over the chair, and that will be the most adorable little reading nook ever!
August 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Thanks for share the post.
September 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I need a service that looks like this home decor ideas. My problem is that I have to home decor ideas that do not service. Anyone know where I can find real service?
March 14th, 2014, 12:17 AM
I have certain suggestions for you as:
You should make the shelf colorful with vibrant colors.
Paint your walls with light palette with again the curtains of darker shade.
Reinstall your floor with either different color tiles or dark color carpet. Different types of floor are available to add a finished look to the decor.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search