Fish

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Amy B.
  • 1 Post By mummy-juju

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Healthy Mamas LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2012, 04:02 PM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I was told that fish in early pregnancy was a no no. But now that I'm in the second trimester, I am CRAVING it like no one's business. Can I eat more fish now that I'm further along?

September 10th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love salmon, especially with honey/soy sauce/garlic. You can have fish; you just need to make sure it doesn't have mercury. Something else I love is salmon patties. If you buy canned salmon, it usually has a recipe on the can.
LaceyMay2630 likes this.

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

September 10th, 2012, 04:42 PM
LaceyMay2630's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds amazing! The fish that I have right now is Alaskan Pollock. So I'll have to double check to see if it has mercury in it.

September 10th, 2012, 06:00 PM
naalie's Avatar Co Host of the March DDC
You can eat fish in the first Trimester but limit it to once per week and stick to lowest mercury fish.

You can do tuna up to once a week (I love chunk white solid albacore) and Salmon and trout are great lower mercury fish (but I personally stick to wild caught NOT farm raised because a lot of them are kept in small pools and the swim/eat each others....leavings.)

~~~~
~~~~

September 10th, 2012, 07:04 PM
mummy-juju's Avatar Veteran
Salmon is great during pregnancy (I think it's the DHA?). I've heard the same thing about limiting tuna along with any other large fish higher up on the food chain.
naalie likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search