Birth Plans

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 09:50 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
So I know we have many months to really think this over, but what kind of birth would you like to have?

July 31st, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
vary medical controlled with an epi. with audie i was induced and had her 6 to 7 hours later i loved it and wouldnt have it any other way

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

July 31st, 2012, 10:26 AM
Bayamount
I'd love for it to be ntural, but i know i wont be able to do that. Plus, it got complicated with my last baby, so hospital it is. with dh only, a very sweet moment i hope!
July 31st, 2012, 12:39 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Home birth #6

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
July 31st, 2012, 03:28 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hoping for a home birth
August 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am hoping for a natural VBAC. My first labor was all natural with an emergency C-section delivery after 5+ hours of pushing. I loved the natural experience and I would love to do it again.
August 1st, 2012, 04:48 PM
Pretty Crispy's Avatar Proud Momma
I'd love to do a home birth but DH would never agree to that, he's too worried about the what ifs. So hospital it is. Though I'm planning on all natural, no meds, little monitoring. I'm actually reading Homebirth in the Hospital right now

August 1st, 2012, 05:21 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Ugh the opposite of Amelia's - I want a natural VBAC!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
August 7th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearts.0nfire View Post
So I know we have many months to really think this over, but what kind of birth would you like to have?
Oh I'd give anything if I could have a natural birth... with an epi Unfortunately, I'll get stuck with a C-section as usual. No one will even LOOK at me for a VBAC since I've had 2 c-sections, gall bladder surgery, my appendix out, and a hernia repair surgery, plus my heart issues (already had to have an ablation to fix a fast heart rate). I've dreamed of what it would have been like if I hadn't let that woman scare me into getting an early epidural.

***NOTE to FIRST TIME MOMS*** PUH-LEEZE don't let anyone else control your birth experience!! I let a woman scare me into an epidural because I had preeclampsia, and if she hadn't done that, Id have continued to progress naturally, and I might have avoided the emergency c-section that resulted at 8 the next morning! I still wanna cry just thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayamount View Post
I'd love for it to be ntural, but i know i wont be able to do that. Plus, it got complicated with my last baby, so hospital it is. with dh only, a very sweet moment i hope!
No matter what, I just want my DH with me. I love him so much, and I can't wait to see HIS face when he sees him or her for the first time! That'll be one of the best moments!
August 7th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
We have a great birthing center nearby where I could do a water birth, but I'm not sure if my family will support that. We'll see.
August 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
SO is supportive about a Home Birth, so looking that way. Experience in hospital made me feel very...hmm...cheated.

I'm also considering unassisted, but that will take a lot more studying before I make up my mind.
*Anya* likes this.

August 7th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I would like a uneventful c-section. C-section # 6

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 7th, 2012, 08:20 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan on a hospital birth i am going to allow them to break my water without getting the epidural this time . . . last time i dialted to a 6 they said they wanted to break my water and i said i want an epidural but i think it slowed things up i was only in labor for 7 hours but i got stuck at a 6 and got some pitocin to speed it up this time i want to not get an epidural till after they break my water and feel it out if the baby co operates and i can have it vaginally
August 7th, 2012, 08:42 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unmedicated birth at a birthing center with some monitoring, delayed cord cutting if possible other than that I'm pretty easy going!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 8th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Planning home birth #3. With all 3 of my boys I was a short, extremely fast labour. attempting to make it to the hospital is probably more dangerous than just chilling out at home. lol.

The Canadian Homeschooler - Resources for Canadian Homeschooling families.
Learning Titus 2 - my family & review blog
August 8th, 2012, 06:43 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm all for another epidural again. I was in labor for almost 24 hours with DS and I know I wouldn't have made it without an epi. I plan for the same thing this time, just hopefully a little shorter labor!

August 8th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Veteran
hospital birth with epidural! With both of my kids, they broke my water and I got an epidural (i was at 7 when I got it with my son) and I had both of them in a little over 6 hours. My daughter's labor was 20 minutes longer because it took me 20 minutes longer to push her out because she was a little crooked. I think my body was meant to push out babies because I don't think labor is bad at all (granted, I get an epidural)

August 8th, 2012, 08:57 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I've had a whole range of birth experiences. I used to say I always wanted to do a home birth, but with 4 other deliveries under my belt, I know that wouldn't be an option for me. My body gets to a point, and then just stops. I have had to have pitocin with every single one, to varying levels of pain and time in labor.

This time around, I am only hoping for a better delivery experience than last time. I have had 2 children without any paid medication and 2 with epidurals. One epidural worked wonderfully, but one did not. So, what I know is that I have to go in with an open mind because things have a way of changing on me. :-D
August 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5OnTheWay View Post
I've had a whole range of birth experiences. I used to say I always wanted to do a home birth, but with 4 other deliveries under my belt, I know that wouldn't be an option for me. My body gets to a point, and then just stops. I have had to have pitocin with every single one, to varying levels of pain and time in labor.

This time around, I am only hoping for a better delivery experience than last time. I have had 2 children without any paid medication and 2 with epidurals. One epidural worked wonderfully, but one did not. So, what I know is that I have to go in with an open mind because things have a way of changing on me. :-D
FWIW, midwives can give herbs that get a stalled labor moving. I've used them and they work... if you really wanted to consider a home birth
*Anya* likes this.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search