Just got back from Dr's

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By ~AmazedByYou~
  • 1 Post By *Anya*
  • 1 Post By hearts.0nfire
  • 1 Post By MamaFish
  • 1 Post By Twirlbird

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2012, 12:00 PM
Veteran
So today I went in for my lab results and he said last thursday my levels were 86 and then on saturday they were 106. He is worried because they should have doubled but only went up a little. I am not sure what is going on and neither is he but he said that this pregnancy might not have stuck. I wanted to scream and cry but I held it together. He is having me do another test on thursday and go back on monday for the results. I came home and took another pregnancy test and it said positive it was a digital so I am lost.. I dont want to go back on monday because I am scared for the results!!! IDK what to do or think right now!!

Thank You *Kiliki* For My Siggy

Cassie Engaged To Mathew & Mommy To MiKaylah

July 31st, 2012, 12:41 PM
Super Mommy
Awe, hugs girl. I am so sorry you ate dealing with this. You are in my thoughts.
July 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Thanks

July 31st, 2012, 01:54 PM
~AmazedByYou~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ~AmazedByYou~
Try not to take the numbers too seriously. in general they are supposed to double every 48-72hrs. This is just a general rule, and it absolutely does NOT happen in every case. My numbers didn't double last time, they were barely rising.. they scheduled me for a D&C and now my son is going to be 3. Stress is no good for you or baby... so just wait it out and get the labs repeated Monday. I will send lots of sticky vibes your way
mcmr08 likes this.

July 31st, 2012, 03:30 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AmazedByYou~ View Post
Try not to take the numbers too seriously. in general they are supposed to double every 48-72hrs. This is just a general rule, and it absolutely does NOT happen in every case. My numbers didn't double last time, they were barely rising.. they scheduled me for a D&C and now my son is going to be 3. Stress is no good for you or baby... so just wait it out and get the labs repeated Monday. I will send lots of sticky vibes your way
that sounds encouraging try not to think about it too much, thinking of you.
mcmr08 likes this.
July 31st, 2012, 05:27 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Mine didn't fully double in 48 hours either. Your number went up though so that's really good. I know this is hard (because i'm there with you too) but try not to stress about it. Also please keep us posted. My fingers are crossed there is a sticky little bean in there.
mcmr08 likes this.

Last edited by hearts.0nfire; August 1st, 2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: wrong number!
July 31st, 2012, 05:38 PM
Some Dr's try progesterone cream or injections. Might be worth asking? Hang in there!
July 31st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by hearts.0nfire View Post
Mine didn't fully double in 24 hours either. Your number went up though so that's really good. I know this is hard (because i'm there with you too) but try not to stress about it. Also please keep us posted. My fingers are crossed there is a sticky little bean in there.

Thank you very much!! I feel alone right now and I am trying to stay calm but its a long wait for Thursday to come. We are having our daughter's birthday party Saturday and some of the family already knows about it.. I don't know what to say to them if they ask me about it!!! Other then I don't know!!!!

August 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im sorry that this is happening....you'll be in my thoughts

August 1st, 2012, 05:39 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry to hear this.

Good luck and think positive!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 1st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I am sending you lots of good luck!
Try to remain positive! I know it's hard...but, staying positive helps!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 1st, 2012, 04:54 PM
Veteran
So I decided to call my original ob's office and talk to someone there because I didn't like the new dr they gave me. They nurse that answers all the calls talked to me and explained it alittle more for me and I feel happy talking to her. She said I might have a blighted ovum or it could just mean the my numbers are rising slowly. I am having blood work done in the morning and then she told me to call her in the afternoon and she will give me the results. She said she would have some more answers for me tomorrow. Well then she called me back and said she talked to one of the nurse practitioners about my numbers and she had just recently went threw the same thing herself with her numbers not doubling but they did go up. She said she would like my numbers to be at 170 tomorrow or higher. If not then they might mean the baby didnt stick. But we will go from there. I am trying to stay positive about all of this. I keep saying that god has a plan and will do what is best! If the baby does not stick we can always try again ( Not that we were trying right now) I can only stay hopeful and stay happy around my daughter!! I will post some more news tomorrow afternoon! Thank you all for your kind words means alot!

August 1st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Fingers crossed for better numbers!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
August 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
C'mon sticky bean! Fingers are crossed for you and definitely keep us posted.

August 1st, 2012, 06:22 PM
Veteran
Sending sticky dust and good vibes your way!!

August 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I had a similar situation with my 2nd. I started spotting at just under 2 months, but I waited to go to the ER because I didn't have coverage until the 1st of the month since I had started a new job. I spent most of the night there, and my husband was out of town. They put me on bed rest and had me follow up with an ultrasound in 2 days. They also took my blood on the same day as the ultrasound. Meanwhile, I was a bundle of nerves. Typically, there is not much you can do to stop a miscarriage this early on, but it was still awful to not know. We had the ultrasound, and they said everything looked good, and they found the heartbeat. That night, we got a call from the OB on call telling us to get back to the hospital immediately because I was about to miscarry. I told him that the ultrasound had been good, and he said that because of my numbers, I was going to miscarry. Needless to say, we went back to the hospital, and I had more bloodwork. All told, I maybe spent 3-4 days on bed rest, and once he reviewed the ultrasound, he agreed that everything was fine. I have a very healthy 11 (almost 12)-year-old from that pregnancy. The numbers do not always double, as they would like, but that they are climbing is important. My family suspects that I may have been carrying twins and miscarried one of them, which may have led to my crazy numbers and the thought of miscarriage. I hope all is well with you. I know how stressful that can be, and it is very hard to remain calm.
August 2nd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Veteran
Well I went today for my blood work and my levels dropped to 96 so they are saying that I am going to miss carry! I am just waiting to get a call tomorrow from the dr's office to see when I will go in and discuss what to do next! So this one was un-planned but because we were so excited about it we have decided to start trying when we get the ok! Thank yo all for your support and I will check in on all of you threw out time!! Good Luck To You All!!! <3

August 2nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I'm so sorry, Cassie.
mcmr08 likes this.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14