Emetophobia..

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2012, 08:40 PM
Veteran
Out of curiosity are there any other sufferers out there? (BTW, Emetophobia is the fear of vomiting). I have suffered from it for as long as I can remember and it really makes morning sickness hard when nausea gives you full on panic attacks! Just wondering if there is anyone else going through this. With my first pregnancy I didn't feel sick for many weeks longer than this time around!

August 2nd, 2012, 08:47 PM
Super Mommy
I do not I am sorry you have to suffer with this. I will keep you in my thoughts!
August 2nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have it but it sounds awful, I'm sorry you are dealing with that
August 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Bayamount
i do a little, but i have this disease that makes it real bad, so i do fear it but... i guess its not the same
August 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I don't know if mine is an actual fear of vomiting, but I absolutely hate it. My hubby always has clean-up duty when one of the kids are sick, and he doesn't deal with it well, either. I think I often will myself to NOT throw up because there's not many things worse than that for me. Hopefully, you don't get too nauseous this time around!!
August 3rd, 2012, 06:22 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
ME ME ME ME ME - I have it!!!!!!!

I just got my BFP today & that was the first thing I thought of .... I absolutely HATE vomit ... and when I'm nauseous I panic. I'm hoping that *if* I get any m/s it will only be nausea as I seem to handle that pretty well ...

I also have Zofran which is safe for pregnancy to help with nausea ... but I do not plan to over-use it.

PM me if you want more info, there are a lot of websites/boards for those with Emetophobia .. and MOST people who are emet do not vomit when pregnant, only because we know how to will ourselves not too (for the most part)

I also just started BuSpar last week which is an anti-anxiety safe for pregnant women, I'm hoping it will help keep me calm if I do start to feel sick.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 4th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Super Mommy
Hi, I was just lurking on this board from the February 2013 DDC.

People think it is funny and don't believe me when I tell them that I have a fear of vomit and vomiting. I've even spoken about it to a therapist because my fear seems so irrational and it takes control of me. Last time I threw up was in January 2005 because I got a horrific case of stomach flu. But I can actually control myself and will myself to not throw up because of the tremendous fear of vomiting.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I had bad ms from weeks 6-10. I was nauseous ALL day, everyday for 4 weeks, I really thought I was going to die. I was in a panic thinking that I might actually throw up, I never did, thankfully! Now I get bouts of nausea but it's a lot less severe.

Having emetophobia has really made this time stressful and I wish I could get over it. I have several loved ones who are pregnant right now and they rave about how much better they feel after they vomit, I feel jealous because I can't do it!
August 5th, 2012, 12:33 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never knew that there was a term for it and I wouldn't say that I have it severe but if I can possibly find a way not to vomit or control it I will. Even if it means being writhing in stomach pain its awful. That is one of my fears tonigh I felt queasy from some food I ate and started freaking out I really hope that I don't have MS too bad. I hope that your able to get through this okay!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 5th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I know it is sooooo irrational and it makes no sense but no matter what I do I can't seem to calm myself down when I feel like I'm going to be sick. I had my first all out panic attack of this pregnancy 2 nights ago and it was NOT fun

Melissa, congrats on your bfp and I wish you the best of luck getting through the morning sickness stage. I did ask for zofran last time I was pregnant but my OB didn't want me to take it. I do plan to ask again since this time I'm going to be seeing the midwife (in the same office). You're right, there is something about having the medicine there and available that is a sense of comfort.

Mama2Angels this sounds EXACTLY like my first pregnancy. I was nauseous for 5 - 6 weeks every single day and I never actually vomited but it was awful. I panicked all the time that I was going to and mentally I was a mess. Everyone always just says 'no one likes to puke' and they don't get that it's different.

I caught a stomach bug in my second trimester and that was the first time I had vomited in almost 10 years.

August 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
A stomach bug - oh no!!! I try to be sooo careful, I wash my hands every 5 min & try to make sure I'm aware of everything I eat ...

Hopefully you weren't super sick :-( It's been a long time since I actually threw up ... and do not want to ever do it again!!

PS: Zofran can help you through a stomach bug too LOL

Obviously, if it happens, it happens & I'll have to deal. Being pregnant, I am more worried about the baby at this point. Then again, I'd rather deal with nausea ...

ugh now I'm getting nervous about morning sickness. I'll be 4 weeks on Tuesday so I know I may have a few weeks before it hits (or doesn't!!)

Any ladies out there have any tips on dealing with M/S??

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search