Fears ...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I am a worrier by nature. I have a Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I was just recently put on BuSpar aout a week 1/2 ago (before I found out I was pregnant - but it's the safest anxiety med you can take, it's a Class B)

If I'm going to be a member of this DDC, I need some support

I am 29, I'm in a committed relationship, have a great job, very stable, I should be THRILLED to be pregnant right? To be honest, I'm terrified. It hasn't completely hit me yet. I'm afraid that I'll miscarry, or something will go wrong yet at the same time I'm so excited.

Any advice/support out there? I am only 3 weeks and 4 days along.

Anyone else have these fears?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 4th, 2012, 08:06 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Don't be too hard on yourself, it's natural for anyone and everyone to have some fears about it.

When I was pregnant with my first I was scared, but mostly because he was a surprise LOL. I really had no fears about having a M/C, and I had no issues what so ever during my pregnancy. One bad thing about being on boards is you are more aware of the bad stuff that can happen, you have to remember what a small percentage of people are on here compared to the real amount of pregnant women right now!!
I didn't find out until I was 7 weeks pregnant with him, so by the time I had an U/S he looked like a little baby with a healthy heart. But finding out so early can cause some common worries because you usually have to go a long time before your first apt and first U/S.

I know this is easier said than done, but this is your first and you have no history of M/C so try your best to RELAX, be HAPPY and ENJOY the exciting news of being pregnant!!!

August 4th, 2012, 08:34 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm a big worrier too, especially about things going wrong. I had a chemical before having my two girls so it's always stuck with me. Pregnancy, especially if it was kind of unexpected is a big thing and it can take a bit to sink in sometimes. What I do is just countdown to each week. Once you've had the first ultrasound and get to see the heartbeat and things are okay it can definitely help (plus the possibility of miscarriage goes down some). As hard as it is to do you just gotta breathe.

August 4th, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
you sound just like i was with audie, try to rest and take it easy that helped me feel more confident that im allowing my body time to rest. to me it go easyer as the weeks past once i had this huge belly i could breath easier and no that i was ok. i was so afraid of loss i cryed myself to sleep at night looking back on it i put alot of thoughts in my head i shouldn't have. enjoy this time the best you can your first baby will be amazing!. i have sence had 2 losses after audie and i wont lie im even more scared that this one will end in a loss but im not letting it get to me anymore because im sick of not enjoying things and of being afraid so for me its whatever happens happens and theirs allways tomorrow. there are lots of people here to support you and will lisin and help you with anything you need

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks ladies. So nice to have everyone's support. I've POAS 4 times within 24 hours just to be sure ... I am going to call my Dr on Monday.

I will be 4 weeks on Tuesday (according to the date of my LMP) so I wonder when they will want to see me ... I may push for sooner rather than later just because of my fears.

I am already taking a Folic Acid supplement. I tried taking prenatals but they made me super nauseous so I'm going to switch to a Flintstone Vitamin instead ...

August 4th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Hi and congrats!!! I also am a natural worrier, I got pg with my ds last year after already going through 2 losses and so I was a mess with worry and anxiety. we had tried for awhile to get him and went through so much, I just couldn't bare another unhappy ending. In the end everything turned out fine, and looking back I really think I spent so much time worrying about his pregnancy, that I forgot to stop and enjoy it.

Now we are pregnant again, we did have another loss this May, so I am a bit paranoid. But this time I have decided that I will not worry like I did with ds, I am putting it all in Gods hands, I can't control the future, so I won't stress about things I can't control.

I know it's easier said than done, but it's possible. We are all here to support you and be there for you over the next 9 or so months

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 4th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks for your kind words.

My other biggest fear/issue right now is my SO is not being supportive. He knew I stopped birth control, he knew I wanted a baby, we talked about it numerous numerous times (even up to baby names) and now that I'm pregnant he is being a huge jerk, telling me that I "got what I wanted" and how he won't be supportive, etc. It's a huge blow and I don't know if he's just scared, if it hasn't sunk in yet, if he'll come around in th weeks/months to come.

He said he wasn't leaving me (I know he won't), so how can he expect to stay with me and not support me? I don't get it ...

August 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM
He might just be scared too. Maybe he wasn't expecting it to happen so quickly. I'd give him some time to get his head around it too. I will say though that my husband has made comments like that before, but he absolutely loves the girls.

August 4th, 2012, 11:36 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Missa_Mae, also try taking the pre-natals at night. Anytime I took them in the morning, I got sick because I wasn't eating a big enough breakfast. With my last couple of pregnancies (and until now since I've been on them since getting pregnant the last time because I'm still nursing), I have taken them with my evening meals, and I have not gotten sick once. Cereal and/or fruit are just not substantial enough for me to take them with. I also know of several people who took them right before bed and did fine with them.
August 4th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I tried them at all different times of the day and nothing worked :-(

I think I may feel more comfortable with the Flintstone ones only because they are smaller and easier to take. I can't swallow huge pills ...

We'll see though, going to talk to my doco on Monday but thanks for the suggestion!

August 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post

I think I may feel more comfortable with the Flintstone ones only because they are smaller and easier to take. I can't swallow huge pills ...

We'll see though, going to talk to my doco on Monday but thanks for the suggestion!
i take flintstones gummys my doctor said it was fine. i took the chew ones with audie i take one in am then one 6 hours later to try to break up the iron intake the doctor said that was fine. however the taste of the chews was making me gag this pregnancy. try asking your doctor for samples they might have a smaller one or one that sits well with you.i also just noticed we are from the same area

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post

You can get prenatal gummies at Target. My first two pregnancies I switched to gummies because I couldn't handle swallowing pills. The thing that's helped me with them this time is drinking something like milk with them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search