Kids

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dyeanotherday

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2012, 11:38 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For those of you who have other kids have you told them that you are having a baby yet? What was their reaction? How old are they?

My daughter is 4 and a half who is my shadow sometimes and she asked what "that thing was" (digital pregnancy test) so we told her that it was a test we took and it told us that their was a baby in mommys tummy. I dont think she really comphrends it she seems excited about a baby growing in there but then 2 seconds later said she had a baby puppy growing in her tummy LOL! Hopefully she catches on to the concept! She will either never shut up about it or otherwise forget all about it!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 5th, 2012, 06:07 AM
We told our 8 yr old the other day. He grinned like a nut and has been making sure that I am eating all my meals and pressuring me to exercise hehe. He's so excited. We looked at pictures of what the baby is like at this point, etc.

I told my 6 yr old yesterday. He kinda gets it, but not really, I think.

The 4 yr old has heard about it, but doesn't really seem to care. lol.

The Canadian Homeschooler - Resources for Canadian Homeschooling families.
Learning Titus 2 - my family & review blog
August 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a 4 year old. She has been begging for a baby for a while now. She saw a few of my friends or her friends welcome a new baby so she asked a lot of questions about it. Now she wants one in my belly so bad. We are not going to tell her for a while because she would tell everyone.
August 5th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Veteran
I told my 13 year old daughter right away after my DH. Her and I were out of town for a week when I found out so she was watching out for me since I have history of both ectopic and miscarriage. My son who is 11 was with DH at the time and having Mom withdrawal so DH decided to tell him. Both mine are old enough to understand and (at times) can be helpful.

August 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My son is 10. Up until he was 7, he always asked for a sibling, and then right when we started TTC, he mentioned he would like to be an only child. We are telling him tonight and I am so nervous about how he will feel. I think the reason he said he would like to be an only child was because he knows his friends get annoyed with their younger siblings. However, by the time this baby is 3, he will be 13. So I think he will be very happy once he thinks about it that way.
August 5th, 2012, 09:03 AM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lol my son is only 2 so we just kind of gave it a feeler asked him how he would feel about getting a baby he thinks it is a bad idea and that we should get a kid, a kitty and lots of candy. lol
rverrone11 and Elly M. like this.
August 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Mine are 19 months and 9 months so they wouldn't understand right now. Once I have a belly and they can feel the baby kick it'll be easier to explain. As well once the couple is here and they meet them I can hopefully explain to them that this is their baby.

August 5th, 2012, 01:51 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I have a 3 yr old and we are trying to not tell him this time. He has known about the last 3 and I have to tell him it's gone each time, which is horrible. Until we see a heartbeat for this one, we are going to try to keep it a secret from him.

August 5th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a 4.5 year old and a 2 year old. I'm not going to tell either of them until we are ready to tell everyone else. I've been having weird brown CM once in a while, and I don't feel all those twinges that I felt when I was pregnant with my two DDs, so I'm still nervous about this pregnancy.

August 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are waiting until I am further along

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search