BTDT - Can I breathe a bit easier?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By ~*Mandy*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I freaked myself out yesterday by researching chemicals on Dr. Google (bad bad bad idea!!!)

So, of course, I am peeing on sticks like crazy.
As long as the lines continue to get darker and darker, that's good right?

I am 12 DPO and got my first very faint BFP on Friday morning (I had IB on Thursday that clued me into thinking I was pregnant) and the lines have gotten darker on Saturday and super dark this morning.

I'm calling my doc tomorrow since this is my first pregnancy & have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing or feeling lol I feel like a newbie.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Google is never your friend when it comes to things like that. Seeing darker lines is good, but like I commented on another post the lines are just to give an indication, it's not going to show how pregnant you are. It's good that you are setting things up with your doctor. I know it's really hard not to worry, but definitely relax. I'm sure you've got one healthy little baby in there.

August 5th, 2012, 09:38 AM
What do you mean by "how pregnant"? I thought a line indicated you were pregnant and going by your LMP decided how far along you were.

August 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am sure she just means that the lightness or darkness of the line can vary so much on so many factors. (Concentration of pee, multiples, fluid intake, the test itself, ect) so even if the test is getting darker it could be a good sign but it doesn't mean a whole lot in terms of saftey of your pregnancy. You probably wont stop worrying till you die about your children. Welcome to motherhood! I am sure everything is fine & hopefully the dr can reassure your fears.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 5th, 2012, 09:57 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
What I mean is that you can't rely on them to tell you whether or not your pregnancy is going well. HPTs are used to show if you're pregnant or not. It's not going to indicate how far along you and just like I was trying to convey in my other post just because it's lighter doesn't mean you are going to have a miscarriage. Really the only way of knowing things are going well is by finding out your beta levels (which depends on if your doctor wants to draw them, most of the time though they don't) and then ultrasound later on. It's definitely a good sign to see the darker tests and like I said above, as hard as it is not to worry, definitely try not to since it sounds like things are going well for you.

Also Mandy covered it perfectly! Thanks girl!

August 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ok, makes sense! Thanks ladies. Ik think I'll breathe a bit easier after talking to the doctor.

August 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
With my DS, I was nervous until i went to the doctor... I think it's normal to be nervous... I'm still nervous now with the 2nd pregnancy but hoping to get to the doctor today anyway

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search