I'm a mess

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Super Mommy
Oh my goodness. Let me start by saying I am over the moon to be pregnant. However, did I think an eating disorder I had over 20 years ago would come back with a vengeance as soon as I hit the bloat stage? I have weighted myself like 20 times today and I am just freaking out. I am only 4 weeks and I swear I am showing and I am terrified I am carrying twins. Yes, on the same note I would be thrilled but at the moment I am just a ball of emotions and nerves. Thanks for letting me get it off my chest. P,ease don't think less of me. This baby is VERY wanted and loved already!
August 5th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aww, I think that is a normal feeling.

Last edited by rverrone11; August 5th, 2012 at 11:05 PM.
August 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
with my son i was bloated for 12 weeks then my stomach was flat for another month then it started to pooch a little bit
August 6th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's always hard to gain weight.......just know that after the baby is born you can loose the weight again. Some women show a lot faster then others

August 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I'm pretty bloated too hun and it sucks ... have been too scared to get on the scale.

I had a problem with bloating before getting pregnant (I have IBS) but this bloat is different and lasts ALL day, where as before it would go down within minutes.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 6th, 2012, 06:42 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
It's normal, I had the same issue with my first pregnancy (I also had an ED growing up right up until I got pregnant with my DS). But this time I'm not as worried because of my history of losses now.

The bloating might go down a bit in a few weeks and you will feel better

August 6th, 2012, 07:04 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
Oh hun it is very very normal. I had an eating disorder during my school years so when I became pregnant with my first I was a complete mess. I HATED watching my weight go up but in time it got easier and I realized that it is a part of the awesome process. I still suffer from weight issues and I plan to wprk out still during this pregnancy but it will still be hard.

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 6th, 2012, 08:05 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Congratulations and welcome!

If you really feel this is your eating disorder coming back, don't hesitate to get some help! I hope that's not the case and that you can enjoy your pgcy!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know its hard, but you have to accept the fact that you are going to gain weight. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and was soo excited to be dropping pounds when I got pregnant with my first. No woman ever wants to gain weight, but just try and remind yourself that its for the health of your baby, who depends 100% on you to grow healthy and strong! GL mama!

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 6th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Veteran
I've never had an eating disorder and I don't know if this helps you but it's not always hard to lose weight after a baby. With my first DS within 2 months of him being born I weighed 10lbs less then pre-pregnancy so it can be done (and I wasn't doing anything special to lose the weight either unless you count breastfeeding).

Sending positive thoughts your way!!

August 6th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Jeanie915's Avatar Hallie's Mommy
Gaining weight is never easy. But at least if you do have to gain weight, you get a wonderful prize at the end! And the weight is not permanent. Good luck with it and Congrats!

August 6th, 2012, 11:23 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Of course we won't think less of you. The other ladies really have it covered. I've always had issues with gaining weight so I definitely can relate. I know it's really scary with seeing the numbers going up, but remember it's your baby growing and for many ladies it's fairly easy to lose it afterwards. With my other two pregnancies I pretty much lost the weight within a month. Just take care of yourself girl.

August 6th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you all so much. I love thos board already!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search