Just Got Back from the Doc...

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
...and they made me pee in a cup! Of course!

They actually use the same dip-stick pg test I use at home! She said it was a "faint" positive which has me slightly worried, but I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow so I know I'm newly pregnant. The dip-sticks I have at home were giving me positives but the lines weren't super dark pink ...

I'm getting super dark lines on the FRER's I have at home, and will probably buy more because I'm addicted to POAS! I'm super freaked out about losing this baby ... I don't know what will ease my mind, any ideas??

This is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect.

The doc didn't want to draw blood, should I push for it? Next appt is Sept 6.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 6th, 2012, 10:01 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
It's totally normal for the dr not to do blood work if you don't have a bad history. So I wouldn't worry. And honestly, it's nice to know what your beta is, but doesn't tell you anything about what could happen later on.

Sounds like a good first apt! Expect to pee in a cup every time you go, I have to every time at my dr's office, but all dr's are different.

August 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
Unfourtinatley a lot of times they stear away from drawing your blood unless you have had issues in the past. I was a lot like you with my first pregnancy and they wouldn't even see me until I was 8 weeks. I hate that they are so cautious about the fact you could lose the baby before 12 weeks. It does not set your mind at ease on single bit. I wouldn't worry about the line being light a positive is a positive and try to stay positive. HUGS!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa_Mae View Post
and will probably buy more because I'm addicted to POAS! I'm super freaked out about losing this baby
Well, a positive test just means you're pg. It's no indication of how the pgcy will progress or if it's progressing. So, save your money and relax!!! It's all you can do.

Enjoy this time before the baby comes because it's the last time you'll have it!

Not that a baby isn't wonderful, but really: savor every stage of life. I've heard many ladies on the forums say they wish they'd just relaxed and enjoyed their pgcy more instead of wishing it away.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Congratulations!
Sept 6 can't get here soon enough!
And I agree, relax. Take a deep breath. A positive pregnancy test is still a positive pregnancy test! You're prego either way! <3

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I completely agree. I know it will be easier to enjoy after you get past the first trimester but enjoy it it does go by sooooo fast.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 6th, 2012, 11:14 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Completely agree with the other ladies. Just take a breath and try to relax. Pregnancy goes by so fast so enjoy every minute that you can.

August 6th, 2012, 03:03 PM
GraysMama's Avatar AKA marriedc
I went to my doc yesterday and he didn't even make me pee in a cup... LOL No blood either...

Siggy by Heather (Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* ) / View My Siggy Gallery // Request a Siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search