Has it sunk in yet?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By hearts.0nfire
  • 1 Post By dyeanotherday

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Has this new pregnancy sunk in yet?
If it was a surprise, are you excited?
If it was planned, are you nervous?

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
August 6th, 2012, 10:48 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1) Kind of but I am still in so much shock. We have been trying for quite a while like people have had babies in the amount of time we've been trying so its definitely going to take a bit for it to be real real.

2) It was planned but definitely shocked

3) Very nervous in a good way though. Its just a little nervous having a 5 year old, 3 year old with extra needs, and a newborn but it will be great!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 6th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It was planned but hasn't totally sunk in yet! I am nervous about something going wrong because it has gone so perfectly the way I hoped. I don't want to spend the whole time worrying though so I am being positive! Very excited!
August 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!

Has this new pregnancy sunk in yet? NO! I am still in disbelief, I think that's why I keep peeing on sticks every 5 minutes

If it was a surprise, are you excited? It technically was a surprise because we did NOT expect it to happen this soon (we only tried for a month 1/2). I am super excited but scared at the same time

If it was planned, are you nervous? I have my fears of something going wrong but I keep trying to stay positive and just be happy

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 6th, 2012, 11:08 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Not really. I've been dreaming about this for 6 years now and I don't think it will until later on. Right now i'm focused on getting through the first trimester.
AprilGemini15 likes this.

August 6th, 2012, 01:18 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
*mc mentioned below*

It's all kind of surreal to me. None of my pgcys have been planned. We don't do anything to plan or prevent. It seems I get pg very easily (at least after the second pgcy), but mc almost every other time. The pgcys I have been most excited about have ended in mc. The pgcys I've just rolled with have turned out fine. It's odd.

I'm not sure what/how to feel or think this time. I know the rates of mc go up with age and I'm 43. I mc'd in January and really thought that might've been my last pgcy. I actually felt blessed because I got pg again after having colon cancer; so cancer wasn't the end of my child bearing years, and I finally had a body to hold with that mc. It was the most amazing thing! We were all actually happy that we got to see this baby we lost. It was actually easier than my other mcs.

I'm just trying to go on with my day-to-day things and not dwell on what might or might not happen. It seems like an eternity already since I found out at what I believe was 7 dpo. That's just crazy early to know! I'm only 1/2 way to 12 weeks.

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't really feel real yet even though my entire bathroom counter is covered in s. I just keep peeing on sticks to make it real. I had a m/c a few months ago and that still feels very real so I am sort of holding my breath this time.

This was very planned and I am a little nervous but mostly super excited!
August 6th, 2012, 06:26 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
It hasn't sunk in for me yet.
It definitely wasn't planned, but I am getting more excited each day. Of course, only my last one was planned. The others were all "whoops". ;-)
I'm not nervous about the pregnancy. I LOVE being pregnant. It's only the delivery that makes me nervous.
August 6th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
this was 100% planned and it doesn't seem real yet!!

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 6th, 2012, 07:12 PM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
Has this new pregnancy sunk in yet? Not really..It is hard to get excited because of my recent miscarriage but I am staying as positive as I can!

If it was a surprise, are you excited? This was definitley a surprise.

If it was planned, are you nervous? We knew we wanted another baby so sort of...

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 6th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was planned, and now that it is starting to sink in, so is the fear. I am doing my best to not get stressed by thinking of all the "what if'". I lost a baby 11 years ago 6 months into my pregnancy. However after that, I had a perfect pregnancy with my son, who is now 10 and perfectly healthy and happy. So we are just taking it easy and trying to be optimistic
August 6th, 2012, 08:17 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
um I think it is starting to sink in i don't think it will till i hear the heartbeat lol

it was a suprise and once we got over the sheer shock we are excited
HalfDozen likes this.
August 6th, 2012, 08:24 PM
NO!! At least not yet. This will be my first one, I'm 25, married for two years. I had been off the pill for almost a year and half. But nothing ever happened. Me and hubby both agreed, since my body was having bad reactions to BC, that we shouldn't try-but neither would we stop it. For a long time I thought I couldn't get pregnant.
But bam!
April 3-7, depending on which website. I am so excited, and I'm so scared too. I know this baby wasn't planned, but I don't want anything to go wrong. Every twinge has me running to the bathroom making sure there's no blood. I'm nervous and it feels like time is slowing down.
Anyways, it's really great to finally find a board that I can talk too.
BTW is anybody in the Dallas, TX area??
August 7th, 2012, 02:16 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
Eh... I don't think its really sunk in yet. We were TTC but....not really going at it full steam ahead, you know? More of a 'if it happens, it happens' than anything else.
August 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Veteran
It really, really hasn't sunk in. I'm excited, but thoughts creep in about how on earth we'll be able to handle a newborn, since we know how ridiculously energetic our two year old daughter is (even parents of other toddlers comment on how she never stops running at full speed) and how we're going to handle finances, etc. We're low-income, and even though I'm decent with a budget it's difficult. We knew we couldn't wait long for another though, because with the PCOS my fertility is dwindling all the time. So, I'm nervous, but ecstatic at the same time. Like a lot of others, I'm counting the days until I can hear a heartbeat!
August 7th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Super Mommy
Has this new pregnancy sunk in yet? Not at all.
If it was a surprise, are you excited? I am surprised that it happened our first time trying and we are over the moon excited!!!
If it was planned, are you nervous? Very planned and very nervous! I have always wants to be a mo !
August 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
linds2012's Avatar Expecting#1 (Due 4-15-13)
It definately hasnt sunk in yet! We were TTC, but i am still surprised we got pregnant so fast after coming of BCP! Im very excited, and definately nervous!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search