Eating Healthy?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
ok well i realy love to eat lol...But with my other 2 children i gained like 60-65 lbs with both pregnancies! I am realy hoping to NOT gain that much this time!!
Just wondering what kind of healthy or semi-healthy snacks you all eat or plan on eating.
I sit at a desk durring the day so I would love to find some good ones I can keep
at my desk or eat at my desk. Thanks!!
August 6th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love Greek yogurt with raw almonds and fruit mixed in. It is very filling. Or hummus and pretzels or cheese and healthy nut and seed crackers. I'm boring because I eat the same thing over and over.
August 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I'm definitely not the best person to ask, but for snacks I love making a fruit and cheese plate. I've also been eating a lot of peanut butter crackers.

August 6th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
peanut butter crackers sound yummy - good protein which will help with morning sickness ... that's a good idea!

I sit at a desk all day too and need snacks to keep - need ideas, keep them coming!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I just started a diet a few weeks back and I eat small low cal stuff all day. Some of the stuff I eat....
Yogurt
Crackers (low sodium)
String cheese
cottage cheese
cucumbers/carrots/veggies like that
granola bars
popcorn
fruits (grapes, plums and watermelon mostly)
I also drink lots of "detox" water. This kind of sucks because I already have been peeing A LOT, I have to stop drinking liquds by 6pm or I get up 5-6 times a night to pee. But the water helps keep my tummy full and settled during the day.
Yummy Food / To boost weight loss (and it's just yummy) - 2L water, 1 medium cucumber, 1 lemon, 10-12 mint leaves. steep overnight in fridge and drink every day. Also great for general detox--including clear skin!
Yummy Food / BOOST Your METABOLISM Naturally with this ZERO CALORIE Detox Drink: Day Spa Apple Cinnamon Water 0 Calories.

Hope this helps a little

August 6th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been eating a lot of salads with different vegetables, beans and pumpkin seeds or avocado. For snacking during the day I have been having carrots and broccoli with hummus or fruit. Peanut butter and crackers is a great idea, I will probably try that once morning sickness kicks in.
August 6th, 2012, 05:43 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just bought a bag of organic baby carrots an ate half of it lol, I like fruits, yogurt and granola, wholewheat crackers, just toast maybe with hummus or cream cheese. morning sickness is just now kicking in and I'm not sure what triggers it just yet, but I know anything cooked in oil is probably out of the pictures for a while.
August 6th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I sit at a desk also, and I keep a bag of almonds in my drawer. Between those and water, it helps with my hunger after/before lunch.
August 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i keep thinking i should eat healthy but i am bad at it lol
August 7th, 2012, 06:54 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
I usually go for fruit, granola bars, yogurt, graham crackers. I have found over the course of my several pregnancies that continual, small snacks keep the queasiness away. If I let myself get to feeling hungry, that's when I start to feel not so great.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search