*waves* Hi guys!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone! I'm Carrie, Mom of two girls, and I just found out I was pregnant 2 days ago. It was a complete surprise for us, not at all planned, yet I'm running around grinning like an idiot and super excited. And shocked. And worried.

I had a few symptoms, mainly my new and miraculous ability to fall asleep at any time in any place. At first I just thought it was my sleep schedule causing it, but I just kept falling asleep at the oddest times (4 pm in the afternoon seems to be my ideal unplanned nap time lately). I should have known then, because this happened with all 3 of my previous pregnancies.

According to the due date calculator on this site, I'm due April 7th, but I'm not sure if that's correct or not, and I know it'll change several times. I haven't even been to the doctor yet, but I'm scheduled for a lab test tomorrow to confirm it (although there is no reason I should have a false positive).

Just a little background on me: I'm 33, this is my 4th pregnancy, but it will be my 3rd baby (that looks SO SCARY when I type it out... but still exciting!), and I'm sort of hoping for a boy since I have two girls. Honestly, I'll be thrilled either way, but a boy would be wonderful. My husband is Justin, and he's wonderful. We've been together since my 1st baby girl was 6 months old, and she's turning 12 this year. We still get along great (and he's really excited too thank goodness!!).

My girls are Kaylee Brieanne (11 1/2) and Danielle Renee (7 yrs old). The timing of this is quite a shock, mostly because we're having problems with Kaylee, health wise. She has Cancer, and scoliosis due to multiple masses in her spine, so in October she's scheduled for corrective surgery to straighten her spine (on Oct 5th). Actually, at first I thought my missed period was stress because we JUST scheduled the surgery a few days ago.

Danielle is my youngest (for the moment), and she's starting Second Grade this year. She's almost the youngest in her class, but she's making great progress. I've worked with her all summer on her reading and writing, and she's doing pretty good.

Kaylee is advanced in everything, so once I got her started, I hardly had to work with her on anything. She's being homeschooled this year, in part so that she won't miss school for the surgery, but also just because she wanted to try it out. Our state just started a program for online schooling, and her best friend is doing it, so she wanted to try it out as well. I'm so glad we agreed, because now it'll make everything easier with this surgery and the recovery time (2 months for the pain, 6 months to a year to get back to her normal physical activities). I'll show off some pics of my baby girls soon, they're both beautiful - Kaylee with her blonde sun streaked hair, and Danielle with her warm chocolate brown eyes and hair to match.

I'm a stay at home Mom myself. I sort of had to be with Kaylee's issues. She was on Chemo for over a year, and she still has to have frequent MRI's to watch the masses. It has been wonderful having the time with them, and my husband has been spectacularly supportive.

Well, I think this is a good start at least. I look forward to getting to know everyone and finding out all about my fellow PIP's (Partners in Pregnancy! LOL), so jump in and say hello! I'm going to go read all the stuff I can and find out more about everyone. For the new/first time Mom's, If you have any questions that I can actually answer, feel free to ask. I'll try my best to help. This is going to be a very exciting and emotional journey for a lot of us. We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll argue (I hope we don't do THAT much, but hormones will be hormones), but hopefully through it all, we can be there for each other, and make some wonderful friends. One of my best friends in the world is a woman I met on a pregnancy message board when I was pregnant with Kaylee over 11 years ago, so I know first hand that lasting friendships can be built.

So on that note, best of luck to everyone, lots of luck and belly rubs to all, and hope to hear from you all soon!!

- Carrie Anne

Mommy of 2 with 1 peanut on the way
(Yeah, I need a siggy. I'll work on that soon!)
August 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
chrisnd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats and Welcome.
Thoughts and prayers for your daughter

This is also # 3 for me and a complete surprise, I have two girls and am hoping for a boy!
August 7th, 2012, 04:49 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Wow, it sounds like you have your hands full. Thoughts and prayers for your daughter and your family in general. That's a lot to go through as a family.

Welcome and congrats!!

August 7th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
Congrats and welcome!
*Prayers for your daughter*
This is also #3 for us and we have 2 daughters also. I know how ya feel, a boy would be great but either we will be totaly happy with!!
August 7th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
Congratulations on your big surprise!
August 7th, 2012, 07:16 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Congrats and welcome! Will be keeping your daughter in my thoughts and prayers. I hope it's alright to ask, but what type of cancer does she have?

August 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats and welcome, t&ps for your daughter.
August 7th, 2012, 10:27 PM
dyeanotherday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and i pray her surgery goes well.
Mine wasn't planned .Welcome to the group
August 8th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
welcome and congrats

August 8th, 2012, 11:11 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Congratulations and welcome!

#3 was a real change for us, I think. You're outnumbered then! I'm homeschooling as well. I think it's a great idea for your situation.

I, too, made a best friend on a "due in" forum 12+ years ago!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search