oh my, morning sickness has kicked in big time!

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Veteran
I have felt great so far this pregnancy, but last night morning sickness has kicked in hardcore! Last night after eating, I started feeling really sick. I took a bath and got out and felt a little better but still bad. Well I woke up this morning and I feel like I could barf (tmi) everywhere! Ahhhh, I'm trying to keep this from my coworker because we own a salon together and I don't really want her to know yet. There is a lot to that story, but that is a whole other post, lol! I hope this gets better!!!

August 8th, 2012, 06:39 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I've been the same way! Maybe try to get some mints or preggie pops (or pop drops which are just little candies) and suck on those when you're not feeling good. I hope it gets better soon.

August 8th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
No nausea for me yet ... however I have noticed I'm not able to stuff my face as much as I used too. I tried eating 2 bowls of cheerio's this morning and could barely get down the last 1/2 of the 2nd bowl! Then 1/2 hour later, I'm starving.

Other than that, only symptoms are insomnia & slightly sore boobs

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 8th, 2012, 07:34 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs. I agree with mints or candy that goes a looong way!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 8th, 2012, 07:41 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I agree with the other ladies, candies can help a lot. Good luck!! I hope it gets better while you are at work

August 8th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Elly M.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww, I hope it subsides for you soon. That must be tough since you have to stand a lot and be social with customers. I agree with the other ladies about the mints and hard candy. I hope you feel better soon!
August 8th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am right there with you...candies seem to help me a little

August 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
A woman that I used to work with could eat nothing but life savers for the first 3-4 months. She constantly had those things around. If we didn't know that she was a non-smoker, we would have thought she was trying to quit smoking. ;-)
August 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I am with you! That's a huge reason I joined JumtMommies today...I needed to know I am not the only one.

The morning part of morning sickness seems to be the biggest myth so far. I am I-want-to-crawl-back-in-bed-and-sleep nauseous from the moment I wake up until about 4pm. Ugh!

I will have to try the candies like everyone is suggesting.

It is sooo comforting to know I am not alone...we aren't telling anyone until we have our 1st ultrasound. Not telling my Mom is KILLING me!!!
August 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
I started getting vaguely queasy last night, but so far during the day I seem to be fine. Smells are killing me though. Everything smells SO strong.

August 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
I felt that way this morning and I have had off and on moments throughout the day. I feel for ya!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 8th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Bayamount
candies really?
what kind of candies?
August 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I'm going to have to try the candies. Fortunately it subsided after a few hours today and I was able to eat supper and still feel pretty good.

August 8th, 2012, 07:48 PM
KatieBird's Avatar Super Mommy
Preggie Pop Drops have been a life saver!!

I found a local store that sells that and I've been so grateful. I love the flavors too. They don't keep it away longer than when I'm actually sucking on them, but heck, that's totally okay with me. Definitely handy in the car.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search