My Appt

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ANellie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just went to my first appt. The test they did there was very light. She said I could go for bloodwork but she wants me to wait until next week. If they numbers are high then it is all fine. She said she could do the bloodtest sooner but she doesn't think I should because then I will have to keep going back to see if they increase where if I wait a week and they are high, then it is fine. She said she is 99% sure everything is fine, but she wants to just do the bloodtest to be sure.

I am trying not to be too nervous about it. I know I am only 4 weeks and I don't know how sensitive their tests are there. I bought more though just to monitor if they get darker. Should I be worried? I took a digital right before I went without even holding my pee after drinking a lot of water and it said positive.
August 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Welcome!
I'm sure you will be fine. Digi's can suck sometimes so if it said pregnant that is a good sign. Hopefully you will have a nice high number next week. Good luck and congrats!!

August 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
My doc said my test line was light on Monday - she said it was faint but it was def there. I've been testing everyday anyway with the tests from early-pregnancy-tests.com, the dip-stick ones (basically the same ones they use at the doc) and mine line has gotten much darker since Monday, which makes me feel better.

I test with SMU.

If it makes you feel better to test, test. I know some people will say it will only drive you crazy but it would drive ME crazy not to test since I really don't have a lot of symptoms yet.

I test everyday, at least once, sometimes twice.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes doctor's office tests are less sensitive than the tests that we buy. If it helps you feel better, keep testing at home and see if the lines get darker. You are still really early so I think that faint lines at this point are totally normal.
August 8th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Veteran
Just a lurker, BUT the DR office test are crap lol They are the cheap ones that barely pick up a line at times. My sister who was pregnant at the time went to her DR and the test was so faint that her doctor would not count it as a positive. She then asked for a blood test and the doctor got offended. She then scheduled an appointment with another doctor in the clinic but brought a fresh unopened box of digitals with her. The new doctor said it was another faint line but also used her test as well and was surprised to see the PREGNANT pop up. They then did blood work and her HCG was over 250. She was roughly 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant when she made the new doctor use the digital. Some doctors are just quacks and do not understand how much ppl want to get pregnant unless they are making money to get them pregnant..... DO NOT fret! Keep testing and i bet the blood test will have high numbers!!

ALSO during my sister's second pregnancy, her HCG was not doubling like the doctor wanted and told her she could terminate it with a pill to help the miscarriage along... she refused and on her next 2 blood work appointments she doubled and then tripled! Compared to her first pregnancy it was not looking great for her, but she never ever stopped believing in her little one. That precious baby is now 4 years old and is as healthy as healthy can be
hrowe and Missa_Mae like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search