Anyone on progesterone?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 8th, 2012, 07:37 PM
hokie30sgirl's Avatar Member
During both of my previous pregnancies, I experienced heavy bleeding around 6 weeks... With my last pregnancy, they even told me that I had probably miscarried when we didn't see a heartbeat... and that I didn't have a viable level of progesterone... This time I called to make my appt. and they just said to make it at 8 weeks... but called in a prescription of progesterone... Do you think they should have seen me? Is anyone else taking it?

And not to give false hope to anyone- but even if you think you might be miscarrying- stay positive and I urge you to wait it out a week... Both of my pregnancies- even the one "without a level of progesterone to make the pregnancy viable" resulted in healthy babies!
August 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
It's weird they didn't test you first, but they put me on it after my second loss.

What did they put you on? I'm on Crinone cream every day for 10-12 weeks.

August 8th, 2012, 07:59 PM
hokie30sgirl's Avatar Member
They put me on progesterone 200mg tab 2xdaily... I'm knocking on wood and hoping all goes well... but we are going out of town this weekend and I just hope I don't start my usual bleeding...

I thought they would have wanted to see me instead of calling in a script over the phone...
August 8th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I take it as well, I had 3 losses with low progesterone. I have to take it after ovulation as for me taking it after getting a bfp doesn't work. I take 200 mgs every 12 hours, with my ds I was taking the same dose from 3 dpo, then we had to go up to 600 mgs a day. This pg I started out on 600 mgs but my progesterone went to 72.6 so we had to reduce the meds to 400 mgs a day. My progesterone levels with ds only went up to 28 on 600 mgs a day. I will be on them until 14 weeks.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 8th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im on it to with dd it was never an issue i had a m/c then ectopic so when i got a positive this time i asked them to test it came back low and slowly going up i only take it once a day im on a crinone gel 8% 90mg once a day and they said its working i feel like crap and they said its from that has anyone else felt side effects from progesterone if so how do you get up and have a normal day

thank you shortcake for my lovely siggy

August 8th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I hope it's ok that I reply, as I'm not pregnant.
But, I did have a weekly dose of P17 (progesterone shots). I started at week 16, because of pre-term labor. Same as you, I had extremely low progesterone. Those shots were a pain in my behind, pun intended! The needles was super long, and thick! And since progesterone as a hormone, is super thick...it had to be done verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly, so the needle would stay in my butt for like a good minute!! I hatedddddd getting that shot, but, it was worth it, because it allowed me to carry my baby to 35 weeks! (Once they stopped, which is at 35 weeks, I went into immediate labor!)

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search