Might be freaking out, kinda just quit my job....

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mommywannabe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM
mommywannabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Ok, I didn't "kinda" quit my job. I just quit my job!!!

As I said in the "getting to know you thread" I work(ed) for a temporary staffing agency internally as an Area Manager. But today....I quit. I have a lot of reasons for this. And after speaking with BF and my family, they all agree that I did the right thing. But, NOW I am a little freaked out. I have to find another job. Preferably one that I can do from home. UGH, and how am I supposed to go into an interview and say "BTW, I'm pregnant". This is going to be so difficult.

August 9th, 2012, 11:44 AM
.*.H&HMomma.*.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to .*.H&HMomma.*. Send a message via Yahoo to .*.H&HMomma.*.
You don't have to tell them your pregnant. They aren't supposed to discriminate against you but I am sure some places will. Until you are showing I wouldn't say anything. KUP!! Good luck!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
August 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
It sounds like everyone who matters being supportive, so you did the right thing!! It will all work out! ((hugs))

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!
August 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to mommywannabe Send a message via MSN to mommywannabe Send a message via Yahoo to mommywannabe
Yeah, I thought about that. Just not telling anyone. However, I get REALLY sick during the first 3 months.....I did with both of my boys and this time around I am already starting to feel the affects of it coming. Also, I have such a had time keeping things from people. I feel like if I don't lay it ALL out there then I am lying and I just can't lie. IDK what my problem is. But if I didn't tell them, then I eventually WOULD have to tell them, and then they would want to know why I kept it from them and I would feel horrible. And I wouldn't want them to feel like I lied to them.
Does that make sense or are my hormones officially running my brain now???

Holy crap.......I quit my job!

August 9th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Good Luck in the job search! Maybe you can find something p/t so you're not always there "sick" you know?

And yes, don't tell them right away..wait a few months and just play dumb

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Super Mommy
Hang in there girl. I did the same thing 2 weeks before my wedding when my #%*^%# of a boss asked me if I could change my rehearsal and postpone my fully paid for honey moon bc she was really having trouble finding coverage for me for those days and that she had to revoke my approval for vacation. Ummmmm no, nope sorry I couldn't! Lol
August 9th, 2012, 11:56 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
Yep, I agree with the other ladies. Just don't mention in during the interview. At least this happened before you are showing. It would be way worse going on a interview with a big ol belly

Good luck!!

August 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Completely agree with the other girls. It'll work out.

August 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Thanks Ladies, it does make me feel better to be able to vent to you guys. I have been pretty solid in my decision to BF and the family. I don't want them to think that I am second guessing my decision. If I stay strong in what I think is right, they'll trust that I know what is right for me. But there is the "doubt creates doubt" thing. And I dont want my fears to make them worry.
So glad I have you guys!!!

Gonna go sit by the pool and forget this day every happened

August 10th, 2012, 06:27 AM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Do NOT say anything about it in the interview. Legally, they can't discriminate against you for that, but I can tell you that they can come up with plenty of other legal reasons to do so -- someone else more qualified, more experience, etc. You are only going to hurt yourself in the job hunting process if you share that.

When I was pregnant with my 2nd, I had to do many interviews because we had just moved to the area. I did not tell anyone that I was interviewing with that I was pregnant. Again, they can't legally not hire you for that reason, but trust me, it will weigh in when they consider all the options. I ended up having to tell them sooner than I wanted (about 2 1/2 months in) because I had a threatened miscarriage and had to miss work. They were totally fine and never once gave me grief about not telling them right away. I don't know any woman that would tell that she was expecting if she wasn't showing.

August 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I appreciate everyone's input.

Thanks for the advice.

I dont PLAN on telling anyone in an interview that I am pregnant. My concern was just that they would be upset later on when they found out and feel like I had lied to them. But I understand that I don't have to tell them.

August 10th, 2012, 10:13 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im with you on the job search! GOOD LUCK!
August 10th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck! Sounds like you did the right thing. I also agree that you shouldn't tell them you are pregnant at the interview.
August 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont think they would be upset. There are sooo many people who don't find out they are pregnant till they are 2-3+ months along.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 11th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I do appreciate all the responses here ladies. I am calmer today. I am going to take the weekend to just enjoy myself and not worry and then on Monday, I'll get to really searching hardcore and get done what needs to be done.
But for now, I am not going to waste my weekend worrying
Kennydra likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search