Excersize?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drama.geek

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I'm only walking right now, slow walking (like walking the dog) ... too nervous to do any more right now

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL

I have been exercising regularly for the past year, and I would LOVE to keep going. Last time I was preggo, I had big plans to keep exercising. However, I ended up glued to my couch or my toilet for the first five months. I gained a ton of weight, and it took forever to get back in shape afterward. It would be fabulous if I could keep on exercising during my pregnancy this time. We shall see.

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I'm walking, but that's it. Because of my history of M/C, my dr doesn't want me doing anything during the first trimester.

I worked out until about 7 months with my DS though!

August 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I continued bellydancing through around my 7th-8th month with my last pregnancy and will do the same this time. If you are used to exercising, it's fine to keep up the routine, and usually healthy. With the dancing, I was more cautious with twisting moves and was aware that my balance was easily thrown off, but otherwise I kept right on shimmying until the end!

August 9th, 2012, 01:17 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I walked with my daughter, extensively (like 2-3 miles). With this one I'm forcing myself to get out and walk every day even when really all I wanna do is crash on the couch

August 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been either doing the elliptical machine or walking for 20-30 minutes every day. With my last pregnancy I exercised a lot more, but this time I am being more cautious because of a previous loss.
August 9th, 2012, 07:27 PM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am kind of a gym rat, until I got married 5 weeks ago! I think I've been once since. Ughh. I plan to get going again, and doing lots of walking.
August 9th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Karilynn6's Avatar Proud first time Mommy!
I'm definitely exercising, although I haven't felt like it at all. I just started a Barre fitness class this week (combo of ballet, pilates, and strength training). I felt better after my class tonight than I've felt all week. Everything I've read about pregnancy and exercise strongly encourages it, as long as you are still able to carry on a conversation while you're exercising. If you're really worried about miscarriage, I read that swimming is supposed to be an excellent form of exercise that has never been linked to miscarriage in any way. Good luck! I'm going to do what I can to keep my core strong so I can push this baby out fast
August 10th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do a lot of yoga and aqua fitness

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search