Long Cycles

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Purple_cat
  • 1 Post By seri0uslyc0nfused

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 12:41 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
For those of you with long cycles. Are you going by your LMP to calculate your EDD or by conception/ovulation? For the ones that have already had an U/S...which calculation was closer?

My cycles have been 37-39 days long since my last M/C. So I'm afraid to go by my LMP because I think my first U/S will show the baby way smaller. I feel going by conception/ovulation is the safe route for now.

Thoughts?

August 10th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Atank03's Avatar Veteran
I was wondering the same thing. For the last 3 months my cycles have been all different. I went from it being 32 days, then 24 days then 39 days, do how do I figure out my actual due date?
August 10th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I don't have an answer sorry

I stopped BCP in May and my first period came 27 days later, 2nd period came 24 days later and never got the 3rd ... my "average" would have been 25 days.

Going by my LMP I am 4w3d ... I know I O'd on the 24th and most likely conception happened that day which would only make me 2w2d ...

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 10th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I would go by conception or the early u/s, were you charting? My cycles are pretty regular but I O'ed early this cycle so my edd by LMP would put me at 1 day less than I am, which I know isn't right. Anyways, I never charted with my older kids and 2 were b/c babies, so I usually went by the early u/s for a edd. Just keep in mind they might try to go by your lmp to start with, and that would make the baby seem like it's behind when it's not. But after it they will go with the u/s measurements. When is your u/s?

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would just tell them that this is your last period but you have irregular periods. I believe I am only 5 wees and a couple days along however if I went from my last period that would put me at 7 weeks and a couple days along -- but I had taken some tests the week before I got my BFP and they were negative so I woudl be suprised if I'm over 6 weeks but who knows?! Its a nice excuse to get an early ultrasound though!

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 10th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I tired to tell the dr I didn't think we should go by my LMP because I have long cycles, but she said it would be fine. I think it puts me about 9 days off because I didn't O until CD22 which was July 25th. I'm going by what I figure which is 4 weeks today. My dr would say 5 weeks 2 days. I made the ultrasound far enough away that we should see a heartbeat according to what I figure.
My ultrasound is Aug 27 which I think I will be 6 weeks 3 days, according to her I will be 7 weeks 5 days. Either way, the heartbeat will be seen if it's there.

I would rather go by my time then feel worried when they tell me the baby is measuring small or behind. Know what I mean?

August 10th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I personally am going by my O date. I adjusted my LMP date so that it all lines up nicely for the doctors. I am afraid of getting a due date that is too early and then being induced early when I wasn't as far along as they thought I was.
seri0uslyc0nfused likes this.
August 10th, 2012, 09:44 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
I have long irregular cycles, and when I googled it, it suggested you look at the date you ovulated, then subtract 14 from that, and use that as your LMP date. Doing that, I'm due April 14.

Honestly, I'm not stressing over it though. I'm not a candidate for induction (my daughter came on her due date, after only 6 hours of labor (though I didn't have her for two hours after that because we had to wait on the dr.) So, I figure the kid will bake until its baked, and come when it decides to come.

August 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Dangit! I should I have thought to adjust my LMP for my dr!!! I don't know why I didn't think about that. Oh well... Hopefully everything will agree after the U/S
Capeladybug likes this.

August 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
I thought about telling the dr a different LMP, this way I wont have to argue with them about cross lines lol. I think I will do this

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 11th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Super Mommy
It's sad how we sometimes have to outsmart our Dr's bc they just won't listen!
August 11th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Jeanie915's Avatar Hallie's Mommy
I measured mine by my ovulation. The ultrasound showed 2 days later than my O. The measurements were the same with dd. This time I O'd on a Wednesday and my week turn is going to be on a Friday.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search