Confession

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MaineBean
  • 1 Post By kimberley

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Okay, we'd been TTC for three months..and I was really really looking forward to being pregnant. Now that I actually am pregnant though, I feel very..hm.. detached/distant from it. I feel horrible for feeling this way, but honestly i don't even feel like I'm pregnant. Well, no, that's not right... I feel like I'm pregnant (hello bladder! Hello sore boobs!), but I don't feel the connection of "i'm having a baby".

Anyone else feeling like that?

I'm trying to get myself excited about it, but so far its not happening. I'm scared because one of my friends who has had two healthy children and one miscarriage told me she felt the same way with the one that she lost. Almost like she instinctively knew something wasn't right and was protecting herself.

August 10th, 2012, 09:59 PM
*Anya*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think once you hear the heartbeat and feel the baby move inside you you'll feel connected I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially if this is your first it's all new ground and sometimes you are just not sure how to react. One day at a time, you'll get there
August 10th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
August 10th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Veteran
and you said you're scared you'll lose it... surely that means you're a little attached to the adorable little foetus?
August 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
2XlinkedPHkids
This is actually my second baby =) Princessrory - hmm, i guess you're right. I must be a little attached to it. That's reassuring.

August 11th, 2012, 04:54 AM
MaineBean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I'm excited but also a little reserved and detached. I'm not much of an emotional type of person, so I don't get all lovey dovey over much. I get waves of hearts and flowers and rainbows, but I'm not head over heels or anything.

I don't think there's anything weird about how you feel!
MamaFish likes this.

August 11th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it's normal to have some reservations just because part of you is also worried about what could happen. It's hard right now too because for many of us the only proof we have is pg tests and bloodwork, and hardly any symptoms. I always found once I had my first ultrasound and heard that sweet, beautiful sound of a heartbeat, that was what did it for me.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

August 11th, 2012, 06:29 AM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
I always feel the same way the first few weeks. Everything will be perfect after the first ultrasound!!

August 11th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
I completely understand where you're coming from as I sort of feel the same. I am too afraid to get excited & happy for fear that something bad will happen ... I think that once I have my ultrasound & see the baby I will feel a lot better.

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 11th, 2012, 06:57 AM
kimberley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I felt that way in my first pregnancy for a long time actually. I was scared to death that I wouldn't love my baby. It totally turned around though !! Don't worry too much, I'm sure many of us feel the same way especially so early on.
MamaFish likes this.
August 11th, 2012, 09:34 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I'll just put this out there. I do NOT get all excited over a new baby coming. Yes, I grieve when I have a mc, but I don't really fall in love with my baby until after he's born; and that takes a few weeks!

Maybe part of it's because we never plan our pgcys so it's like they're just a part of normal life. I expect I'm going to get pg again until I go through menopause.

There have been four pgcys I've been very excited about and I lost three of theml.

I would not worry, because I love all my children just as much as the next mother. I just don't fall in love with them before I meet them or drip with excitement when I'm pg. Each new person in a family is a change, so it's an adjustment even when they're welcome. I believe you'll get more excited or get more warm fuzzies as the months go on.

Some of us may be more like our husbands who take several months to process it all

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Regular
Yeah what princessrory said!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search