Expectations

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hello!

So.... I'm two and a bit weeks past ovulation. (I think - usually, I know exactly when I ovulated and DH and I have just been dtd based on when I ovulated), and two BFP yesterday and today, which, by my calculations puts me in the April DDC! Hoorah!

I need to register with a dr as we moved a couple of months back an I haven't bothered to register yet. As soon as I have a date, I'll update you all.

This is mine and DH first pregnancy, and though I know to expect to feel nauseous, I'm not sure what else I can expect or when. I don't seem to have any symptoms yet, except "feeling" pregnant. An I'm maybe a little more hungry than I used to be. Oh, and my boobs are really sore and seem fuller.

What else is going to happen before we have our first ultrasound? Does everyone get sick? And am I ok to still exercise? And can I bleach or dye my hair?

I feel like such a novice at this, I hope it all comes along easily!

Thanks
August 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Welcome to the group! Honestly I can't say what to expect with symptoms because every pregnancy is different.

You will probably have a first appointment before the ultrasound where they'll do a urine test (to check for pregnancy), check stats (like they normally do at a doctors appointment), bloodwork, and they may do a pap depending on the last time you've had one. Hopefully you'll have a dating ultrasound afterwards.

I would probably talk to your doctor about this once you make an appointment, but light exercise is normally fine. Also if you were want to dye your hair I recommend having it done at a salon. The main concern that's always with things like that (or getting your nails done) is having proper ventilation so your not inhaling the fumes from it.

Congrats and I hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months!

August 11th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
and congrats!!!

This is my first pregnancy too! I went into the doc just to confirm the pregnancy test with a urine test. Since I'm low risk and have no existing conditions or anything, they didn't do bloodwork and my first appointment is Sept 7 at 8w3d, hoping to see a heartbeat then

As for symptoms, they vary. My boobs are a bit sore, I'm bloated and extra hungry & that's pretty much all for now ...

When is your EDD?

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

August 11th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Super Mommy
and welcome!!

This is my first pregnancy as well. I got for my first appt on Sept. 7th. I will be 9 week! I really hope to see that lil flutter of a heart! As for symptoms I have nausea on n off, my bbs are a bit sore, I am EXHUSTED, and weepy as all hell.

The seasoned mommies here are SUPER helpful and full of information. Don't be hey to ask questions!
August 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM
25th April I reckon. But I could be wrong. I honestly have NO idea when I ovulated this month. It's so bizarre.

Yeah, I guess everyone is different, hopefully I won't feel sick at all. Fingers crossed! I also really hope I don't go off any food, I like eating so much, I'd be gutted if my body suddenly decided I don't like cheese or something. Eek.
August 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Congratulations and welcome!

I've never had any sickness or aversions. Not common, but nice!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
August 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Regular
Congrats! I'm a heavy exerciser and I continue to exercise a lot through pregnancy. The biggest thing is you don't want I start doing something that will stress out your body. Running can be quite jostling for the baby. I know many women who run w no problems when pregnant. I do a lot of weight lifting so my body is used to it. I can't exercise as much when pregnant bc I get tires faster. Also your heart rate is faster so you have to listen to your body. If its too hard, just stop! And if course there comes a time when I aimply can't do abs anymore either.

I'm majorly bloated too. Yuck! I don't really throw up but I get kind of a car sick feeling through the whole first trimester.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search