for the moms who are on their 2nd or more pregnancy, how do they compare?

Forum: April 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To April 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm just curious because this is my second pregnancy, and its already soooo much different from my first! With my DS, a few days before 6 weeks I was SO miserable. I was nauseous 24/7, woke up STARVING and was stuffing my face every second of the day, my boobs were swollen and incredibly painful, I developed food aversions right away, and I was exhausted all the time and took naps and went to bed at 8pm. This was most of my first trimester, and the nausea lasted until 20 weeks for me. (honestly his pregnancy was very tough and torturous the entire time, I was miserable)

Now I'm already 7 weeks with this one, not nauseous yet, not STARVING starving, my boobs haven't changed at all, and my level of tiredness is the same as it always is (typical for having a 10 month old who wakes up at 630a everyday). But the NEW symptoms I'm getting are lots of gas, not able to eat much at once (sometimes a few bites makes me feel full!) and headaches! Its so weird!

DH think its because this time I'm pregnant with a girl. i'm just wondering if EACH pregnancy is different, or if anyone has noticed patterns depending on the baby's sex, if that makes sense. I was actually really worried before my ultrasound because I didn't have really any of the horrible symptoms that I did last time. Also I'm just curious and nosy ;p

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 18th, 2012, 03:56 PM
seri0uslyc0nfused's Avatar Just Confused....
It's really hard for me to say because I didn't find out I was pregnant with my son until I was 7 weeks (he was a surprise, obviously). But the only thing I do remember is being mean and angry all the time and every smell grossed me out bad. This time I'm much happier, but smells still gross me out a lot. I am more nauseous this time though, I think I would have noticed that last time and I didn't really. My sister thinks it could be because I'm carrying a girl this time. I guess we will find out if that's the case, huh? Lol.

August 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Darcy and Rowan's pregnancies were very similar, though I had a lot more BH's with Rowan and also ended up being anemic. This time though is completely different. I'm so sick all the time. When they say every pregnancy is different they really mean it!

August 18th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Eh, I dunno. All of my pregnanies have been different. This pregnancy I have not been able to stomach my prenatals at all which has never happened before. Other than that its all the same but yet different. Ok, that didnt make any sense!
August 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha! So it's just like I thought.... Each time is a surprise of symptoms! Lol! Oh andi forgot the smell thing. It's really bad this time as well as last time. The other day DH's face wash smelled so bad and strong it made me cough!

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Jaxon04NTaylor08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have 2 boys and 1 girl and my pregnancies with my boys were so much easier! When i was pregnant with my daughter I was so sick! I couldnt eat, was so dizzy all the time, i always felt like i was going to throw up and I slept all the time. It was terrible. It actually made me scared to get pregnant again lol I think this baby is a boy too because this pregnancy is so much easier than my daughter. My kids turned out the way my pregnancies were too lol... My boys are easy and my daughter is a pain in my butt lol (i wouldnt trade her for anything!!! I love having my girl.)

August 18th, 2012, 05:51 PM
ThaiSpice's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's hard to say at this point because it's still so early. I think it's about the same so far (ie not a lot of symptoms yet), but I feel like I might be a little more irritable and a little less tired than I remember being last time at this point. But, my worst symptoms didn't luck in til 6 weeks last time (constant, extreme nausea/vomiting, fatigue, food aversions, etc). So we shall see. I'd love for it to be different this time haha!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!

August 18th, 2012, 08:58 PM
libbeylou's Avatar Veteran
This is my 3rd and up to this point they've been about the same. I carried my first two differently though...my son was higher and kicked me in the ribs constantly...my daughter was lower and I had horrible sacral joint pain. Both labors started with my water breaking and both lasted 12 hours. The first birth was traumatic, the second was a breeze. It's funny how my kids personalities kinda remind me of their births...just coincidence i'm sure (or is it?!)

Thank you, MaineBean for the peep siggy!

Last edited by libbeylou; August 18th, 2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Typo...duh
August 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
2XlinkedPHkids
Well, considering I didn't take a pregnancy test until i was 8 weeks along with my daughter, you could safely say I had very few symptoms because I had no freaking clue I was pregnant. With this one though....what symptom HAVEN'T I had? LOL

August 18th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
The main differences I noticed with my boys pg compared to dd's pg was my very short temper, my fuse would burn out quickly. With dd I was pretty calm most of the time I really had no symptoms with her, didn't even have a bump until 24 weeks. With Isaac my boobs changed by 8 weeks they were huge, I broke out very bad, I craved salty sour food, and I was tired a lot. Oh and my sex drive was really high during that pg. This pg, I am breaking out but not as bad, my boobs have not changed yet, sour foods sound gross, and sex is not happening.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
August 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM
sarahe210's Avatar Veteran
So far it is about the same. I wasn't sick really and still am not. I'm not very far along though.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

August 18th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
The main differences I noticed with my boys pg compared to dd's pg was my very short temper, my fuse would burn out quickly. With dd I was pretty calm most of the time I really had no symptoms with her, didn't even have a bump until 24 weeks. With Isaac my boobs changed by 8 weeks they were huge, I broke out very bad, I craved salty sour food, and I was tired a lot. Oh and my sex drive was really high during that pg. This pg, I am breaking out but not as bad, my boobs have not changed yet, sour foods sound gross, and sex is not happening.
Heike, that sounds like me!! so maybe it means girl?

*thank you*Kiliki*

August 19th, 2012, 06:40 AM
~*Mandy*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My pregnancy with my boy and my girl were pretty close to the same... my miscarriage I was SO sick all the time.

*Thank you *Sharon* for my amazing siggy!*

August 19th, 2012, 07:48 AM
rmtd11's Avatar Super Mommy
This is my 3rd little bean and so far it has been completely different from my first two. With dd and ds I had ms since the beginning but this time around I have not had any (keeping my fingers crossed) but I have been completely taken over by the faitigue. This was completely unexpected since I'm the type of person who does not need a nap but since a the weekend before I found out I was preggo, I have been having to take a couple of naps during the day. Also with this one the bloating and feeling of indigestion have been pretty annoying. I have to eat small meals during the day or i will pay for it later on. I also can't really eat anything like cake, donuts or anything like that because it will cause a lot of discomfort. I guess is good that I have to stick to healthy things right?? lol

Carolina mommy to Mikaela and Mateo

August 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
JenLee's Avatar Veteran
I have two boys and each pregnancy was completely different. I had the ideal pregnancy with my oldest ds. The only thing I had was being sleepy all the time. My youngest ds was a complete opposite. I was so sick from about 6-7 weeks until about 13-14 weeks, and was dizzy all the time. I swore he was a girl because the pregnancy was so different. I am really hoping that this pregnancy turns out more like my first, with no sickness at all. Ahh...one can dream....lol

August 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Tamimomof5's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine have all been different....some not as enjoyable as others. My 2nd, and 3rd pregnancies were probably my easiest.
August 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
HalfDozen's Avatar Formerly Number5OnTheWay
Mine have all been slightly different, and I have all girls so far. The last one I was sure was a boy because I felt queasy so often. I never actually got sick, but it was constant nausea if I wasn't eating non-stop. That went away around 14 weeks, probably. This time, though, it feels more similar to my first. I am hungry and thirsty all the time, but I don't feel queasy really. The main difference is that with my first one my boobs HURT something fierce. I don't have that too much this time, which I'm not sure if it's because it's my 5th or because I'm still nursing. Either way, most days right now I don't even feel like I'm pregnant.

The one symptom I have this time that I have not had before was implantation bleeding. At least that is what I assume it was from everything I read. It started as spotting just a little more than a week before AF was due for 2 days, and then it was bleeding for 6 days after that, but it was never anything nearly as heavy as my periods. I'm not sure if that means anything different in the gender area or not.

I have even carried my girls differently, but the result is always the same. LOL!!

August 19th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Kennydra's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine have been similar, but different and I have two boys.

With my first:
super tired
headaches
boobs hurt
nosebleed

With my second I had:
more nausea (gagged and dry heaved every time I brushed my teeth)
boobs hurt
peed a lot
nosebleed
tired.

This time I have:
about the same amount of nausea as I did with my second
my boobs are a little sore not too bad though
VERY tired
some headaches
peeing a lot
A new thing this time is my crabbyness. Holy cow, I am usually a pretty happy positive person, but man I can hardly stand myself lately lol.

Thanks *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search